The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What Did You Sell to Purchase Your Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
LindsayEOD said:
Traded in my '11 GT mainly because it was black. I'm way too OCD about a clean car to have a black toy.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/87060586@N02/7974412692/in/photostream
doing this black GT I am so glad I dont have black...love the way it looks when perfect...problem is it doesnt stay that way I would never get anything done but cleaning the car lol I know what you mean by OCD about a clean car.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
coboss said:
I sold my 1969 AMC AMX 390 4-speed Go Pack car to get the Boss, and I did it for the same reason VMGTI123 sold his Chevelle: Every mile on the car lowered the value, and then there was the recurring nightmare of getting rear ended by some texting moron in an SUV.

The AMX was awesome, but the Boss is much more of a car.

Thanks coboss - I knew there were others out there with a similiar situation. As I stated, The Chevelle was a blast to drive, just the sound alone idleing was awesome, but could not compare to the power, handling and comfort of something like the Boss. One of my favorite things about the Boss besides the above is that I never see another one, outside of car shows. Was the perfect replacement for my Chevelle SS. Glad to hear your loving yours too. Thanks for sharing.

Justin said:
LindsayEOD said:
Traded in my '11 GT mainly because it was black. I'm way too OCD about a clean car to have a black toy.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/87060586@N02/7974412692/in/photostream
doing this black GT I am so glad I dont have black...love the way it looks when perfect...problem is it doesnt stay that way I would never get anything done but cleaning the car lol I know what you mean by OCD about a clean car.
Just to fix the paint issues that came with it from the factory cost me about $500 in product/tools. After the 4 days of sweating my butt off to fix it, I knew the end was near for that car. Just took me a year to decide if I wanted a GT500 or Boss.

jec246

Sold a 2009 MazdaSPEED3 (purchased when Ford still had Mazda). Not as "glamorous" as most of these cars, but it was a fun car to drive. It was the last year before the big smiley face grill they put on them... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Traded in my '10 Raptor 6.2. I had long tubes/cai/tune, tubular bumpers front and rear, led lightbars, bumpstops and some other things, but I sold all of that stuff and put it back to stock before trading it in. It was one of the hardest decisions I've made but the Boss brings it's own fun and advantages.

Flight62.jpg

sycamore.jpg

sanddrags.jpg

mobilerap7.jpg

mobilerap22.jpg

Awesome photos and I want a Raptor! Where were the photos taken?

5 DOT 0 said:

They are adding a Raptor school at Miller to go with the BTA school. My friend has one, but he only uses it for towing. It is not a great tow vehicle.

5 DOT 0 said:

The jumping pic was at the Lucas Oil Offroad track at Firebird, that was for a magazine and ads for a couple of companies I worked with. The dunes pic was at Glamis, the offroad one was out at Four Peaks near Phoenix.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
OrangeBoss said:
Sold my 73 Cougar XR7 convertible and my 70 Torino Cobra-429 CJ/4 speed/4:11.
0ade10b8.png
4aa3f9dd.png

Two awesome cars!!!! Must have been hard to let both of them go. That Torino is sick! Hope you did well with the sales and have no regrets ??

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I sold my '06 GT. It was about as good as an n/a 4.6 came. I miss the way it sounded with my long tubes and the hot rod cams. My neighbor said to me the first time he heard the Boss that it was nice for me to have a quiet car. :)

Sold my '95 Jeep Wrangler that was highly modded with custom axles, lockers, spring over, custom fender and corners, etc...

And a '64.5 coupe that was fairly stock.

And my '01 Bullitt Mustang that was highly modded with KB supercharger, Maximum Motorsports suspension, Cobra body parts, etc...

DSC03087-1.jpg

DSC03093.jpg

DSC031831.jpg

DSC031841.jpg

DSC03826.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel