The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What Did You Sell to Purchase Your Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

231476d1333378643-2000-2001-contender-25-open-nicest-you-will-ever-see-dscn2626.jpg

I sold a 2001 25 Contender that I put my soul into... but I could not justify $5 a gallon, $3000 a year marina payment, $1500 a year insurance payment... and then the weather. I have other friends with boats.... I don't have a SINGLE friend with a BOSS.

Sold the 2006 'Vette. The Corvette with 6-speed paddle shift auto and adjustable suspension has to be the best value in a GT car ever. It's stylish, extremely comfortable for long periods, there's lots of room for luggage with convenient access and, believe it or not, 30+ mpg on the highway with 400 hp and 400 lb. ft and a top speed of 185+ mph.

But I'm looking forward to a change of pace with a SBY Boss. It should provide a very different driving experience - more of a weekend and closer-to-home car for me - more of a muscle car rather than a GT. I'm ready for the change and, hopefully, this will be a car I will want to hang onto for the long-term.

DSCN1606-1.jpg

Sold my Bridgeport mill to make space next to my '64 Falcon convertible in the garage, and some Apple stock at a cost basis of about three dollars a share to put down on the car. Mom bought me one share in the early eighties for about twenty bucks. Sold 8 shares after the splits! Thanks Mom! She loves the car at least.

I didn't want to sell my truck or my Falcon. Both have a ton of miles and therefor a lot of experiences in them. Just the other day I was swillin' a Sierra Pale Ale staring at the Boss and the "Pelican" and came to the conclusion I'd keep the five thousand dollar beater over the nice RCWALP ... Weird, I know. ::)

What I didn't sell!!!

The Pelican.

DSC01694.jpg

DSC01077.jpg

When my mom's cousin owned it. He was the original owner.

64FalconwithCousinBill.jpg

And the truck with nearly 300,000 miles on it! Just need a race car trailer. Dad has one but it's kinda small for Model T's. I bought this new with the 7.3 turbo diesel, 6-Speed manual, and four wheel drive. Love it! Oh yeah, the plates on it now read FAT DESL. ;D

Trucka.jpg

Work on me! No, work on me!!!

DSC02291.jpg

I only had room for one car so the miata had to go. It was interesting driving them back to back for a while. The only thing that felt out of place on the boss was the shifter.PhotoSep27111954PM.jpg

No sense in showing picture but I traded in a 2012 GT/CS nice car really liked it. I looked at the boss last year and would have bought except for no sync. Then my wife seen build# 1672 SBY being off loaded at the dealer she said it was hers. It must be hers it was built on her birthday July 18 2012. I can not believe the difference in driving experience the boss is heaven compared to a GT. You may mod a gt but it still is not the Boss.The best part is she does not drive so is regulated to right hand side of car. She loves it as we have been to a couple of car meets and she said her car was the best looking and when we are doing 40 mph in third she says now this is cruising. I love my wife. ;D

I sold a

1-1926 Chev 4dr
2-1965 mustang Conv
3-1968 Dodge Monaco Conv
4-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
5-!964 Morris Oxford
6-Took a down payment on my 1970 Boss 302 but decided to keep it for now

Best decision i ever made, i just love this Car

Haven't gotten around to selling it yet, but the plan is to get rid of that little blue car on the right. Owned it since I got back from Desert Storm back in 1991.

2012OCT_44.jpg
[/img]

2012OCT_68.jpg
[/img]

LindsayEOD said:
I dont know if I could sell that Hermes. That's a sweet looking Vette.

Thanks. Used to drive that car every day when I lived in San Diego, and Corpus Christi TX. Up in Rochester NY with a family now, I was lucky to break 500 miles in a year. Can't compare the performance to the Boss, but I still love the looks, sound and feel of that car.

1965 Small Block???

Asking Price???
[/quote]

Yeah it's a 65 has a solid lifter 327. I wasn't looking to try and sell it here, but if you're interested send me a PM. Probably looking to get something in the mid to low 30's

Hermes said:
LindsayEOD said:
I dont know if I could sell that Hermes. That's a sweet looking Vette.

Thanks. Used to drive that car every day when I lived in San Diego, and Corpus Christi TX. Up in Rochester NY with a family now, I was lucky to break 500 miles in a year. Can't compare the performance to the Boss, but I still love the looks, sound and feel of that car.
I spent some time up in Rochester and absolutely loved it, but I understand not being able to drive that very much up there. For the price you are asking, it shouldn't be that hard of a sell. Good luck.

TMO Supporting Vendors