The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

what did your boss get for Christmas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got these from the lady who works for me last night as we celebrated Christmas

20131216_211817_zps2ab7ab69.jpg

Wonder what next week will bring

Derek I see you found the tires. Where did you get them? Also where did you get the rotors and pads from?

I just ordered a Stoptech ST40 brake kit for my Boss. Not sure if it will be here in time for Christmas but Boss 1049 won't mind it they don't make it by then. ;)

Just got and installed a Whiteline UCA, very pleased with the UCA, not so much with doing the install on the floor of a garage.

Korbin_Dallas said:
What's your impression? NVH? Wheelhop the same, improved?

No wheel hop issues prior since I lowered and got LCA's and brackets. Whole rear is now Whiteline. The gear whine is much more pronounced now, start around 40 instead of 80 and there is some new rear end popping, almost the exact same sound as the 6th gear clunk. All in all I like it, noticed much less rear end play when going over bumps. I wouldn't say it is stiffer since that seems to connote harshness, in fact it is much nicer now, more rigid. I went over a few bumps that used to shoot my stomach into my throat and surprisingly the car look them with much less force.

Boss1601 said:
I got my GB BOSS a new friend. A 2002 accord (not worth the photo) to take the winter weather beating

Haha! This is absolutely the best thing I can do for my Boss (for DD and baby hauling, not so much Winter protection). I am on a search for a similar car right now. So, I understand this gift 100%. Congrats.

Oh, and even though it is just another part in the parade of things that will just sit in my office for months, based on the timing, I guess the MM camber plates which will arrive today are the Boss's Christmas present. I might sneak-in that Airraid, though. It's just so damned nice.

We have a few of those ST40 brake kits in stock ;), was able to get some parts over here to Germany thanks to my staff back in NC. Another CF JLT CAI, Kooks headers, mid pipe and cat back, AST 4150's with Hypercoil springs (just picked them up) and GC CC plates, thanks to blowfish for getting me out the brake cooling kit so damn fast! Gram light flow formed wheels, 285/35/18 Michelin PSS, New WL watts link on the way, DSS DS with METCO safety Loop, BMR K member, few other small things like Husky floor matts, torque solutions antenna, FRPP billet cap set. We'll see about getting my licensing here:)

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Moroso coolant expansion tank, Ford Racing T Lowering Springs, BMR LCA and Relo Brackets and an adjustable BMR panhard bar. Gonna be a busy boy this winter.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
NFSBOSS said:
Derek I see you found the tires. Where did you get them? Also where did you get the rotors and pads from?

I just ordered a Stoptech ST40 brake kit for my Boss. Not sure if it will be here in time for Christmas but Boss 1049 won't mind it they don't make it by then. ;)

Rick, actually while I was tire shopping my wife secretly ordered them from Discount Tire Direct. They were cheaper than the quote Guy gave me from Big O. Rotors came from KNS Brakes, killer price on those and the pads I bought from Pete.

Watson rollbar. Going in this weekend.

Brandon302 said:
Just got and installed a Whiteline UCA, very pleased with the UCA, not so much with doing the install on the floor of a garage.

Whiteline UCA? Did you not see the failure thread?

TMO Supporting Vendors