The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

what did your boss get for Christmas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got some Chemical Guys thick microfiber towels for drying the Boss and some einszett cockpit premium for the interior plastic.

For the driver I got the book Speed Secrets and to take advantage of the secrets a pair of Sparco driving shoes. I expect to pick up at least 1-2 hundredths of a second per lap with the shoes. ;)

And for the "I never want to learn programming code" guy behind the keyboard I got HTML for Dummies. ;D

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Well I got a $200 gift certificate to Tire Rack, so I'm looking at new tires (likely Michelin PSS or Hankook Ventus V12s) from them. Then I have $175 in gift certificates over at Amazon (birthday included) so I'm looking at Hawk HPS/HP+ pads and some DOT 4 brake fluid from them. My wife agreed to the HOD frequent driver deal, so the Boss will get a better driver for the rest of my time in Cali. Then I have $130 in gift certificates from Best Buy so maybe some electronics/audio? Speaking of audio, I'm torn on whether or not I'm going to put my Kooks H-pipe on the car. I just can't wrap myself around the idea of the LTs + installation + tune. I mean at some point the funds run out (kids....sheesh j/k). Am I missing anything? I think improving brakes + driver are the best things I can do for the car.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Oil Cooler DIY set up.

Sandwich plate with 2 AN-10 fittings and two 1/8 NPT taps, Setrab 25 row cooler and Stainless steel aeroquip lines. No thermostat yet. Will add in line if necessary.

Considerable savings over off the shelf solutions.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
roadhouse said:
I received a cordless impact wrench, which will be used on my car :) Looking forward to easier wheel/tire swaps
I got one last year it's my go to tool. With bought me a 3/8" this Christmas. I have a compressor and air tools...it now collects dust

roadhouse said:
I received a cordless impact wrench, which will be used on my car :) Looking forward to easier wheel/tire swaps

Priceless... And pricey.... But I use mine everyday. My air tools rarely get used.

cloud9 said:
I got an upgraded engine wiring harness from Precision Race Services.

Gary - Aside from weight savings what are major differences between the PRS harness and stock? Is it plug and play or are additional mods required (connectors, sensors, etc)? What was the cost?

Thanks,
Sean

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Got me another toy. A 84.5 MM Ford Racing Throttle Body to install along with the BMR LCAs, Relo Brackets and panhard bar. I'm going to be a busy boy.

My kids went together and purchased a Master Blaster, they had heard me mention this months ago, after I had spent a afternoon cleaning on the car...I had forgotten about it so I was shocked, this blower has the power, hopefully no more spots!

TymeSlayer said:
Got me another toy. A 84.5 MM Ford Racing Throttle Body to install along with the BMR LCAs, Relo Brackets and panhard bar. I'm going to be a busy boy.

Nice! You will be a bit busy. Do you plan a tune with the new Ford Racing TB? Could you post a review after the TB install?

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Highpower11 said:
Nice! You will be a bit busy. Do you plan a tune with the new Ford Racing TB? Could you post a review after the TB install?

No on the tune. From what I've read, others have installed this with no tune and it works great with both keys. I already have a no-tune Airaid PJ CAI and will let you know how this entire set-up works out after I get around to installing the TB. Right now I am not looking to change out my TracKey install. This was the reason I went with the Ford Racing 84.5MM vs. the 90MM TB. From what I've read, the 90MM TB will need a tune.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Actually the reason I went this route was because of the ability to keep TracKey. I'm not banking on a lot of HP gains but from what I've read, the set-up will work and there should be some increased throttle response. We shall see. I'm waiting on the 4 inch adaptor before I can install. I'll let you know my results within the next few weeks if the weather co-operates.

TMO Supporting Vendors