The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did your car get for Christmas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
On cyber monday from Capaldi Racing bought:
Front control arms/delron bushing kit,bump steer,rear control arms w/relocate brackets and just got the MGW shifter for her.
Dropping her off at DWW Motorsports at the end of Jan for the install and corner balance...cant wait!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Brutal...

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
@captdistraction is the master of self-deprecation. I'm not sure what he'll do with his newfound additional 20 hours per day after this aluminator build runs solid for a couple years.

Here are the goodies I got for my GoPro. I can't wait to try them out.

EE9ED9DE-19F2-46A0-9CC3-BBD4DC52FED2_zps1l1pb6js.jpg

captdistraction said:
The external microphone makes a large difference, just be prepared to need to up the volume depending on placement in post-process.

If you get a microphone that has its own power source (aka battery powered), you wont run into that problem!

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
all of mine are powered and still end up low on gain. I'm not sure if its a gopro thing (is there a gain adjustment for external mics?) on a canon DSLR, they work great. My main one is a audio-technica pro 24cm, which makes a world of difference. I tried a sony one that was similar to the above for a while, really enjoyed it as well (though in some karting videos, it was sensitive enough to pick up some of my foul on-track language)

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
F.D. Sako said:
If you get a microphone that has its own power source (aka battery powered), you wont run into that problem!

Good to know. I just got a simple one with a foam windscreen. Came with a USB dongle so I figured it would work on new and older GoPros too.

Works great for video on the DSLR. No more noise from the IS using the internal mic.

I plan on putting mine in the passenger door pull. Should help transmit more engine noise and further cut the wind.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I was considering just getting this:

_wind_jacket_with_protective_1477587059000_1288229.jpg
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1288229-REG/removu_rmwjdg_wind_jacket_with_protective.html

But I fashioned something like that and wind noise was still pretty bad in the windshield location on windy days.

drano38

Wayne
Not for my Boss per se, but I go a fold up chair for track day relaxing. Wife used her fancy decal cutting machine to make a mustang, and Boss 302 for the inside and outside of the backrest.
She wanted to make the C-stripe, but with it being ~12", Boss 302 would have been unreadable.

TMO Supporting Vendors