The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What do these lights mean?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

While peacefully driving to work this morning, suddenly the dash lights came up!

The car drives normal, turn it off and on and the lights are still on.

Ignore the tire light as I do not have TMPS for my winter setup.

A9BD6C99-26C4-431F-A319-FDF20BC9684F_zpsu9saeeab.jpg

I will go to the dealer today.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Re: What do these lights means?

13Boss said:
While peacefully driving to work this morning, suddenly the dash lights came up!

The car drives normal, turn it off and on and the lights are still on.

Ignore the tire light as I do not have TMPS for my winter setup.

A9BD6C99-26C4-431F-A319-FDF20BC9684F_zpsu9saeeab.jpg

I will go to the dealer today.

Looks like traction control related lights.

My guess would be a bad sensor at a wheel.

Good luck at the dealer.

Definitely not from lack of tire pressure sensors. If you have a scan tool check and clear the codes and see if they come back. If not, disconnect the battery for 10min; this will clear the codes / lights. If they come back on again take the car to the dealer. If they don't you are likely fine. Some of us, myself included get false traction control lights from time to time.

KBBOSS1086 said:
Definitely not from lack of tire pressure sensors. If you have a scan tool check and clear the codes and see if they come back. If not, disconnect the battery for 10min; this will clear the codes / lights. If they come back on again take the car to the dealer. If they don't you are likely fine. Some of us, myself included get false traction control lights from time to time.

^ This

Does the dash say 'Service Advancetrac'?

If that is present, sometimes unplugging the battery doesn't work. The dealer had to clear that code in my case.

TMO Supporting Vendors