The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What do you miss doing during the quarantine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Beautiful day here near the golf coast in north-central Florida, so right now I’m missing playing golf.

How about you?

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I WAS missing being out on the water....a lot.
Winter + Covid-19 = ☹
Took care of that problem today! :cool:

You're lucky! Where I live the provincial government ordered the local launch ramp docks pulled out and placed across the ramp so no one can put a boat in. The logic behind that completely escapes me. You launch your boat, park your rig, drive off in your boat and would not likely even see another soul...such is the state of my country today.

I miss not being able to walk in the damn park. I might see 4 or 5 people on a 5 mile walk on a public road through the park, they ordered that closed too. Lunacy.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I miss sports, auto racing, and other small outlets that would drown out all the bickering around the hot button issues that waste so much time and energy in society. The world is now focused on one single hot button issue and there is no shortage of strong opinions on every aspect of it. What I miss more though, is the time LONG before the quarantine when the masses seemed to get along far more often than they didn't (or at least more than they do now). Back when there weren't two distinct sides to every single issue or problem in society, and everyone completely obsessed with taking one side or the other, like fans of a sports team.

Take a quick scroll through the FB news feed and it's easy to become more than a little cynical. It's so exhausting watching everyone soapboxing about some point they feel the need to get across to everyone, some "truth" that needs to be heard, some news that needs to be shared. I try and stay away from the basic news feed as much as possible and only browse the Pages news feed. Less drama. And even then I try and limit my time on social media. Too toxic.

Has anyone in here taken this opportunity to learn a new skill or master something that they've always wanted to master? Has anyone used this situation to reinvent themselves in some way? Maybe even taken up a new hobby or revisited an old one? I know it can be tough to focus on keeping a growth mindset when you're isolated, but I wonder how many have tried. I'm doing some graphic design - hope to share something about that here in the forum pretty soon ;)

I consider myself an introvert but have learned through this that more social than I thought. I miss social interaction that is not scolding my boys for trying to kill each other for the 563247th time.

I miss being able to leave a 3mi radius from my house, and the variety that that freedom brought me.

Anyone else feel like it’s Groundhog Day every day?

Don’t get me wrong it could be a lot worse I’ve got a steady job and am getting more time with my boys.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I miss my friends and co-workers. I miss the track days, including RA which was cancelled. I too miss Baseball, NASCAR and the PGA on the telly. I miss my DIY shop that I was planning on doing some sway bar work under the car. And I miss my buds Pemberton and Munday who would have entertained me in Wisconsin this weekend!

Yet I have my wife and daughter and our health so that helps tremendously.

I miss all the "normal stuff"......That old saying "You don't know what you got til it's gone" sure rings true during these covid-19 days I miss a REAL NASCAR race on Sunday afternoon. I miss going down the toilet paper aisle at the grocery store and seeing the shelves full instead of empty. I miss going out in public without a face mask The list goes on and on.I Thank God I have my Boss to keep me going when I'm out cruisin and bang thru the gears every now and then..

Last edited:

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I consider myself an introvert but have learned through this that more social than I thought. I miss social interaction that is not scolding my boys for trying to kill each other for the 563247th time.

I miss being able to leave a 3mi radius from my house, and the variety that that freedom brought me.

Anyone else feel like it’s Groundhog Day every day?

Don’t get me wrong it could be a lot worse I’ve got a steady job and am getting more time with my boys.
Same here. I’m not as social as most people, but I do miss the little socializing we did do.

TMO Supporting Vendors