The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What does this mean?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was coming home from Cars and Coffee today and was playing with an STi, I went around a corner and broke traction, next thing I know this light is on----what does it mean? The car drove fine afterwards. I got home, turned off the car and restarted it and luckily the light went off, am I in trouble??
I smelt clutch I believe, but it could have been a funny rubber smell too.........I can't break it yet. :(

nlr7mc.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
cobrakidz said:
I have a June 2012 build date--would this be covered in the 36 month warranty even though I am not the original owner?

It a 3 year 36 month or 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty from the original delivery date. Not the build date, so if your under 36k miles, yes you have warranty coverage.

Not a big deal to have the light come on, you should practice without TC assist, but be careful until you get the feel of the Mustang live axle set up.

Have fun,
Dave

Thanks Dave--I feel better now. I will dig out the owners manual and read up on the trac control light. I was afraid I broke something, I was shocked that the car would be that fragile yet I hear about guys tracking them hard often with little to no problems.

Hopefully this was a one off and you won't see it again. Bruce you should start a thread of your white Mustang in the forum below so everyone has some perspective on what's coming down the pipeline. ;)

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?board=20.0

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I have a buddy with a 12 gt who claims that even when he turns all the nannies off by holding down the traction control button for 7 seconds it comes back on automatically if he hits full opposite lock in a drift? Anyone ever heard of this?

TMO Supporting Vendors