The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What driving schools have you done / recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

got back late last night from three days at Dirtfish. For those that care / are interested, I'd be happy to elaborate...but the quick summary is as follows:
- one of the nicest / coolest motorsports facilities I've ever been to
- the most personable / nicest group of instructors I've ever worked with (the guys at Miller would be a close second)
- a great curriculum
- Rally driving is SOOO different than road course driving, it's a real mind-bender to get used to it...but once I did, I found it to be extremely satisfying
- Everything is exagerated in the slippery surfaces - and going from dirt to tarmac and back (you do a lot of that at dirtfish) really challenges you to be cognizant of surface conditions...and, because the car is ALWAYS moving around, you have to be so much better about taking inputs from your eyes versus from the seat of your pants
- Once you get the hang of it, you realize that your notions of a frantic cockpit are all wrong...patience is truly a virtue in rally driving
- I never thought a car could be steered so effectively with your feet. The steering inputs required (if you're doing it well) are so minimal and you do almost all of the steering with your feet...the brake pedal is the most effective input in the car and I think I'm lucky that I'm left-footed because it's all about left foot braking.
- When it all comes together and you get a nice pendulum ('Scandanavian flick') or handbrake turn right...it's the most rewarding thing I've done in a car.

I am hooked.

TMO Supporting Vendors