The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What FP350S parts do you want from Ford Performance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

During my recent trip to Dearborn I met with a couple of Ford engineers and we were discussing the great Boss 302S parts availability for Mustang owners. I asked if anything was coming from the FP350S and they quickly responded with "what do you want?" I thought about it for a minute and didn't have a good answer. FP already has parts available for the S550 engine and chassis but I'm not sure what parts on the FP350S Mustang owners would want.

I was told that the front splitter would be available, it's a service part for the car, and the hood vent might also be available.

So keeping in mind that Ford Performance isn't going to make one off parts and they must have high enough volume to make it profitable what parts would you like to see?

I'll update this first post with suggestions:

1. 350S Front splitter, currently available.
2. 350S Hood vent
3. Affordable R splitter
4. 350S Backing plates for front brake ducts or complete brake cooling kit
5. 350S Sachs damper availability
6. 350S Wing end plates
7. 350S Different ABS calibration.
8. Improved diff cooler for the GT350/R
9. Breather with drain for the GT350
10. Oil pan with breather drain (for #9)
11. 350S driveshaft. Direct bolt on to the GT350?
12. 350S Camber Caster plates
13. Cylinder head mod that balances the oil pressure from side to side
14. 350S Axles
15. 350S driveshaft loop
16. 350S engine oil cooler kit
17. Upper rear shock mount
18. 350S Reinforcement (Weld on Plate at Camber Arm)
19. 350S Reinforcement (Weld on Plate at Toe Links)
20. 350S Adjustable Toe Link Assembly
21. M-1447-A Ford Performance Dash Plaque
22. Bump Steer kit
23. Confirm the front sway bar is from a base Mustang
24. Confirm that the IRS sub-frame is stock GT350
25. Confirm that the CV boots are more durable and fit all S550's

Current parts availability:

http://shopcapaldiracing.com/vehicles/fp350s-2017/?sort=newest&page=1

Last edited:
DFW, TX
Capaldi lists some of those parts, addon splitter...
But you still need an R splitter to run the add on piece. The R splitter is unnecessarily expensive for what it is.

How about a cheap R splitter??

Also, maybe a revised magnaride program.

Brake duct kit for stock calipers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I looked at that splitter and it appears to be a flat piece and while it's designed to work with the R splitter it might work with the street splitter. Of course return shipping would be expensive if it didn't fit. The mounting holes should be the same but the lip on the splitter won't match up (cut it off). FWIW I did not notice a lip as shown on Capaldi's website and that could have changed. BTW R splitter take offs can be had for around $1,000, while not cheap it seems reasonable for what it is and a bargain compared to what MSRP is. The one I purchased as a take off had no mounting marks and the hardware package was sealed. I'll see if I can find out more about fitment. The wheels spats appear to be included which are a nice touch and they looked sharp on the car. Ford Performance has taken this car up a notch or two from the 302S and all of the aero is functional and wind tunnel tested.

Regarding the Sachs coilovers they should be available at some point but the ticket will be to buy them as take offs from owners upgrading to something else.

Now the 4" brake cooling backing plates look very cool and are boxed in welded aluminum, read expensive. While I would imagine they will be service items I'll check. I also mentioned that brake cooling kits for the stock cars seem to be an issue but there was no mention that they would produce any. Ford is very aware that the aftermarket fills the void on some of these items and hopefully someone like Vorshlag will have a product offering in the works. @modernbeat

A couple of years ago there was some discussion about a revised MR programming kit but they decided to let the aftermarket take care of that. Think DSC.

Here's the link to Capaldi's website.

During my recent trip to Dearborn I met with a couple of Ford engineers and we were discussing the great Boss 302S parts availability for Mustang owners. I asked if anything was coming from the FP350S and they quickly responded with "what do you want?" I thought about it for a minute and didn't have a good answer. FP already has parts available for the S550 engine and chassis but I'm not sure what parts on the FP350S Mustang owners would want.

I was told that the front splitter would be available, it's a service part for the car, and the hood vent might also be available.

So keeping in mind that Ford Performance isn't going to make one off parts and they must have high enough volume to make it profitable what parts would you like to see?

1. Front splitter
2. Hood vent
3. Affordable R splitter
4. Backing plates for front brake ducts
5. Sachs coilover availability

Is really be up for the front splitter as well as the hood vent. Also the rear wing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely want the hood vent. I called Watson to inquire about availability and they said to check back in the fall.

Very disappointing we can’t get a performance calibration from Ford for the dampers and abs.

Very disappointing we can’t get a performance calibration from Ford for the dampers and abs.
You shouldn't be. Beyond stock everyone would want a different calibration so hard to sell one size fits all. The DSC controller is a better option and let your local race shop help you.

I haven't heard many complain about the ABS but they do sell a different calibration and it's attached to this. :)

https://performanceparts.ford.com/FP350S/

You shouldn't be. Beyond stock everyone would want a different calibration so hard to sell one size fits all. The DSC controller is a better option and let your local race shop help you.

I haven't heard many complain about the ABS but they do sell a different calibration and it's attached to this. :)

https://performanceparts.ford.com/FP350S/

I get it, but I do think a calibration offering similar to the ‘19 would close the gap for trackgoers. I’m also surprised FP didn’t offer a calibration with the FP springs/swaybar package.

I will likely have the opportunity to test out the DSC in my car soon, and I’m hopeful there will be a noticeable difference. That said, I drove a car with DSC on track that has a similar set up to my car. Unfortunately there was enough difference between the two cars that I was unable to discern any advantage the DSC may provide.

Last edited:

1. Front splitter
2. Hood vent
3. Affordable R splitter
4. Backing plates for front brake ducts
5. Sachs damper availability
6. Wing end plates
7. Different ABS calibration.

Current parts availability:

I have the FP350S splitter and rods.
The front brake ducts would be nice.
So would the ABS calibration and Sachs dampers.

But I’ll hold my breath.

Scott, is the splitter flat or does it have a ridge on it where it meets the R splitter? Did it come with the front tire spats?

It’s flat all the way across. Uses oem mounting holes, has the front tire spats. (Greg Calapidi called them “canards”)
The vertical lip is recessed into the splitter. Meaning the splitter has a milled slot that follows the forward edge of the R splitter to close off the hump of in the R splitter and causing lift.

TMO Supporting Vendors