The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What gauges are you running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Utah
I'm planning out my gauges and want to get an idea of what the rest of your run and which are more important than others. So far I already have a 2 5/8 Autometer Pro Comp Mechanical brake and oil pressure that I am going to run to the right of my tach in the middle of my cluster. Will also have a low oil pressure warning light. To the left of the tach I was thinking a fuel pressure gauge before the carb and water temp.

What else you running and what else might be important enough to put right in front of me. Plan on having other gauges I'll need in either the console, pillar or dash pod or combo.

Thanks

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Consider a gauge with back lighting and pressure or temp warnings. Autometer makes a few lines which have this built in. When my water or oil temp are low, during warm up the gauge is back lit in green. When the temps go above a set point, the gauges light up in red. All other times the backlight is white.
will you track the car? If not, water temp, oil pressure and amp gauge are the old school min standards. For the track you will want oil temp also as a minimum. YMMV

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Gauges....what Gauges?

240882097_218681793560612_7814621947535625462_n.jpg

Totally depends on what you want to monitor.
With today's OBD ports I suppose all that's really necessary is water temp/oil temp/oil Pressure.
I on the other hand prefer to monitor everything in real time.
Overkill? Probably, but if there's an issue I know about it right away.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
From left to right:
Tach, Water temp, Oil temp, Oil pressure, Fuel pressure, Trans temp, Volt meter, Wideband.
On console: E85 content meter

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Other option is to get an AIM or other system that will read everything right in front of your face mounted behind the steering wheel Easy to read without taking your eyes off the track and that alone can be worth seconds on a course.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel