The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What has been your #1 Mod to date?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just have done little things to the BOSS. Track-keyed, hood struts, Steeda shifter mount and mod'd stock grill to 302S grill (used this site to make the mod, it is perfect). Just put in the X-brace (they are now painted a crappy dark grey, powder coated mine dark red) and have brake kit on order. Summit Racing has FRPP stuff at a much lower price than from dealers or direct. Have considered a shifter change, but have had no issues with the stock one since putting on the Steeda mount. Whats next.......track time!

Best mod i have done so far is a Bondra Clutch Pedal extension. Lets me get just a little further back from the wheel and into a perfect driving position as well as a little more comfortable leg position for gas/brake

fduboss302 said:
Any vibrations while street driving?
You can feel some shaking when you're releasing the clutch from a stop without the gas, and there is a barely noticeable shake at idle (non-track key) which I think follows suit with the rest of the character of the car. To me, it is a benefit, but perhaps a drawback for some. The vibrations really aren't that bad at all, and the benefits far outweigh the small nvh increase.

Grant 302 said:
And which bushings are you using? Red or Black?
I'm using the softer red bushings.

it was hugely expensive. $800 or so. I stand by it being the best money i've spent in a long time though. quality is second to none better then any OEM i've owned, has been in the car for over 10,000 miles and looks the same as the day i put it in. just have to get past the price of admission.

Jeff said:
it was hugely expensive. $800 or so. I stand by it being the best money i've spent in a long time though. quality is second to none better then any OEM i've owned, has been in the car for over 10,000 miles and looks the same as the day i put it in. just have to get past the price of admission.
I'm not going to spend that much on a wheel but to me the steering wheel and seat are two of the most important aspects of any car. They are your two main points of interaction and it's one of the first things I look for in a car. BTW Ford hit the nail on the head with the Focus ST.

loco pantelonez said:
You can feel some shaking when you're releasing the clutch from a stop without the gas, and there is a barely noticeable shake at idle (non-track key) which I think follows suit with the rest of the character of the car. To me, it is a benefit, but perhaps a drawback for some. The vibrations really aren't that bad at all, and the benefits far outweigh the small nvh increase.
Agreed....same assessment on my Prothane mounts. Feels like racecar or racecar spelled backwards.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel