The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What has been your #1 Mod to date?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Re: What has been your #1 Mod to date?

NFSBOSS said:
My #1 mod has been installing the FR P springs and associated parts. This lowered the car a bit and stiffened up the ride. It reduced body roll and brake dive and makes the car feel more planted with less unnecessary movement when pushing or tracking the car. This is how I expected the Boss to feel from the factory. This is not the end all track setup but provides a nice compromise between the two.

Rick, I'm slightly ignorant here. What are the associated parts with the P springs, in case I decide to make this move? Up til now I have been so afraid to mess with Ford's wisdom by changing anything in this cars handling, but I would like a lower stance.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Re: Re: What has been your #1 Mod to date?

max5ive0 said:
Rick, I'm slightly ignorant here. What are the associated parts with the P springs, in case I decide to make this move? Up til now I have been so afraid to mess with Ford's wisdom by changing anything in this cars handling, but I would like a lower stance.
My first post in the thread below should cover it. Ask any questions in that thread

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=2041.0

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
MGW, then GT500 A/Bs, and the hood struts are so nice to have. Will get a set for my wife's GT this spring when they are on sale.

ace72ace said:
MGW, then GT500 A/Bs, and the hood struts are so nice to have. Will get a set for my wife's GT this spring when they are on sale.

Cortex Watts link for me. Looking at a high end coil over system I don't feel the p springs will do it for me at all.

yknot

Hobbies: Hot Rods & Shooting
You know I see alot of people with the Track key option being there number one mod so far....I got that right away, and while I did not install it, I do not fine it that impressive. I know its suppose to be all that, but honestly its a little disappionting to me...More hype then funtion so far and I assume for ever..

I don't think I have just I mod as a favorite...The electric exhaust cut-outs where and are very fun, so they rank high, ecpessially to others that do not know they are there untill I open up the exhaust with them in the car... The one mod i think I use the most and hekps the most is the gas shock hood hinge, from Rousch. They are simply the way Ford should have made the hood operate, simple, extra high opening and with the hood not needing a prop rod, which seems to alwasy be in the way. So, as simple and underwelming as it sounds I'll say the gas hood hinge is my number one.
besides the fore mentioned mods, I have installed a Moroso oil catch can, with custom AN hoses. Replaced all the M6 and Many M8 bolts with 316 SS Socket or Button head bolts and anodized washers, for a custom look. I add the blue aluminum billet engine Oil, Radiator, Brake, and Windsheild Washer caps, that match the valve covers and washer I installed. Plus I have installed the lighted sill plates and laser Mustange image lights on the bottom of the door, so they shine when opened. Not much, but a cool look that is fun a night.
My next mod is to remove the stock front and rear sway bars and replace the bushings with polyurathane ones, plus powder coat the parts a contrasting color while i'm there. Then install a Watts link on the rear end and replace the factory pan hard bar. Just wating for warmer weather to get crazy.

milestogo said:
How did you get this done? I don't like the stock material - too slippery.

i sent it to a place in Cali, DCT Motorsports. had it made a little thicker. quality is amazing.
0cbf751e.jpg
361f7500.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors