The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What has been your #1 Mod to date?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYLineman

Owner of #2611 CO
Just curious to see what everyone's favorite mod to their boss has been so far. I know it's hard to pick just one. I've done the MGW shifter, tiger racing hood, rear window louvers, and LS spoiler. Although I love the feel of the new shifter and don't miss the 2-3 lockout...I would have to say I love the way Paul's hood changes the look of the car. I know it's just cosmetic...but just looking at it on these cold winter days puts a smile on my face. Can't wait till spring. I have some hood pins to install and a JLT oil separator...looking for a couple more mods to work on while I have her in hibernation. Thanks

Sesshomurai

The tiger hood is not just cosmetic! It's functional too.

I would say my "favorite" mod so far is my APR carbon fiber wing I put on, but probably the #1 mod in terms of performance, for me, has been tires (Hankook RS3's).
It's a hard question to answer actually because so many mods work together.

My #1 mod has been installing the FR P springs and associated parts. This lowered the car a bit and stiffened up the ride. It reduced body roll and brake dive and makes the car feel more planted with less unnecessary movement when pushing or tracking the car. This is how I expected the Boss to feel from the factory. This is not the end all track setup but provides a nice compromise between the two.

I'd have to say the MGW shifter, then the stereo swap. The rest were pluses but didn't make as much of an impact as those two. The electric cutout's for example stay open all the time.

NFSBOSS said:
My #1 mod has been installing the FR P springs and associated parts. This lowered the car a bit and stiffened up the ride. It reduced body roll and brake dive and makes the car feel more planted with less unnecessary movement when pushing or tracking the car. This is how I expected the Boss to feel from the factory. This is not the end all track setup but provides a nice compromise between the two.

X2....well said.

electric exhaust cutouts...love having the ability to quiet it down if I need too. Next is a one piece driveshaft!

TMO Supporting Vendors