The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What is the big difference besdies price?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am still trying to decide on the suspension upgrade parts for my 12 LS.....On most things I am settled on but I really would like to know the physical differences between the 302R and 302S Rear lower control arms.
They appear quite similar in the pictures and description but there is a HUGE price difference.
I don't mind spending the extra money if it is really worth it but I am struggling with this decision..please advise.

OBTW..the rest of the list is M-5300-T SPRINGS
M-4264-A ADJ PAN HARD
M-5650-A LCA BRACKETS

Just need to decide between the R and S LCA's

I actually looked at the WHITELINE ADJUSTABLE LCA's also..decent price PLUS ADJUSTABILITY! I just don't anything about them or their products. Please chime in on opinions.
THANKS
Don

ulev1st said:
Thank you..apparently my oldman eyes couldn't pick that out.. I need an eye exam!

Haha! I know how that feels. But actually, unlike most of the other heim-jointed LCA, Ford's is designed a little differently and it isn't obvious. Maybe somebody here has a close-up photo. Gary runs the 302S LCA.

ulev1st said:
I am still trying to decide on the suspension upgrade parts for my 12 LS.....On most things I am settled on but I really would like to know the physical differences between the 302R and 302S Rear lower control arms.
They appear quite similar in the pictures and description but there is a HUGE price difference.
I don't mind spending the extra money if it is really worth it but I am struggling with this decision..please advise.

OBTW..the rest of the list is M-5300-T SPRINGS
M-4264-A ADJ PAN HARD
M-5650-A LCA BRACKETS

Just need to decide between the R and S LCA's

I actually looked at the WHITELINE ADJUSTABLE LCA's also..decent price PLUS ADJUSTABILITY! I just don't anything about them or their products. Please chime in on opinions.
THANKS
Don

I have had my Whiteline LCA's on for about 20k miles or so and they are solid, no issues as of yet. I mostly DD the car but occasionally track it when I have the money. If it is a toss up between the FRPP with the bushings and the Whiteline I would go with Whiteline as they are adjustable and also very stout.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
The S arms (M-5649-S) have spherical bearings.
The R arms (M-5649-R1) have poly bushings.

If you are going to drive your car on the street, you won't like the S arms.

However, if you do want them, I have a lightly used set sitting in my garage that I would love to sell

Finally made a decision..Thanks for the ionput!

I went with the follwing as I use my car MORE on the street than track days.Hopefully I will see benefits for both.

M-5300-P SPRINGS

FRPP R LOWER CONTROL ARMS

FRPP JOUNCE KIT

FRPP GT500 STRUT MOUNTS

WHITELINE PANHARD BAR BRACE

WHITELINE ADJ PANHARD BAR

FRPP LCA RELOCATION BRACKETS

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I have
BBR billet lca
T springs