The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

what is the point of having a track key?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am a new boss owner and I was going to get the track key activated but I want to add all the addon mods and keep it N/A... will the key work with them ? should I save my money or no?

First congratulation on your new buy,I thinks the T-K is a nice feature, its changes a lot of the engine management parameter, it wont give you more power but you will feel the engine more responsive. Also you will feel the engine slowing the car down more as soon as you let off the gas, a nice loopey idle and launch/ speed (pit) control mode :D. Do you track your Boss? ;

Welcome,for the price I don't think you would be disapointed.The Track Key makes this car feel and drive much better that the Silver Key.I only use the Silver Key when I am in traffic around town,on the highway Red Key all the time,very happy with it.

thank you. I love the car, I don't do any track racing its my daily driver but I would like to maybe try it one day lol . I do want to add more power to it tho I seen the new z28 is coming out it has 500hp I cant have that car have more power then my ford :p

If you are going to add power mods skip TK as it won't work with them. Congratulations on your new Boss and welcome to BMO.

my car has been pinging so bad on the red key i've stopped using it. strange how it never did this before.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
hubcap said:
I am a new boss owner and I was going to get the track key activated but I want to add all the addon mods and keep it N/A... will the key work with them ? should I save my money or no?

The point of the track key? Simple to enhance on race track performance. Ford racing has a pdf explaining it all. For me I use the silver key on the street. I keep the track key for the track and in doing so only use it as it was designed. That way it performs as it should. (It learns as you drive.) There is no way to replicate on track high performance driving to any thing you can do on the street. I have been doing track days since 2005 and I have noticed that while making you a better driver all the way around on and off track,my desire to hot rod my car on the street is gone. Once you experience high performance driving on track and get some good laps in on line with no one in front of you, well its something you have to experience. I would recommend getting your self to a track and drive your Boss. I would bet after this power would be the last thing on the car you would want to change. Look in to joining the BMW club or Porsche club they both have awesome HPDE programs and will have you out in your Boss on track with a instructor in a safe controlled event. You learn at your own pace some do a couple days and that's it. Others like myself get hooked on it and it becomes part of your life. Anyways enjoy the car!

isrboss

If you have a 2013, the trackey is also a tool to remove the fog deletes, thebull taught me this.

Domestic Product said:
The point of the track key? Simple to enhance on race track performance. Ford racing has a pdf explaining it all. For me I use the silver key on the street. I keep the track key for the track and in doing so only use it as it was designed. That way it performs as it should. (It learns as you drive.) There is no way to replicate on track high performance driving to any thing you can do on the street. I have been doing track days since 2005 and I have noticed that while making you a better driver all the way around on and off track,my desire to hot rod my car on the street is gone. Once you experience high performance driving on track and get some good laps in on line with no one in front of you, well its something you have to experience. I would recommend getting your self to a track and drive your Boss. I would bet after this power would be the last thing on the car you would want to change. Look in to joining the BMW club or Porsche club they both have awesome HPDE programs and will have you out in your Boss on track with a instructor in a safe controlled event. You learn at your own pace some do a couple days and that's it. Others like myself get hooked on it and it becomes part of your life. Anyways enjoy the car!

I couldn't agree more with everything you said.

TMO Supporting Vendors