The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What "must have" creature comforts will you put in your Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think most of us are buying the Boss for performance, but we'll also drive it on the street. I for one am happy that Ford spent most of the money on performance parts versus creature comforts, but many of us still yearn for that one thing we "need" to make it a practical daily driver or weekend cruiser when not tracking it.

I will drive my Boss quite a bit as a daily driver and have two garage doors at home and one at the office. To avoid getting in and out of the car several times a day to open and close garage doors, or cluttering my field of vision with 3 garage door openers across the visors, I'm ordering one of these from the dealer.

Attachments

• product_ford_2010_mustang_rearview_mirror_homelink.jpg
    product_ford_2010_mustang_rearview_mirror_homelink.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 544
GA
The auto dimming mirror would be one, and then something to get bluetooth connectivity. Driving a stick and talking on the phone is pretty challenging (although I generally try to avoid driving and talking on the phone as much as I can so maybe it is a good excuse).

Adding SYNC is problematic and I probably won't go there. I have several BT ear buds and speaker phones so I'm set. About the only creature comfort I'll add is better speakers. Word is the stock ones are horrible and for less than $200 I should be able to greatly improve on them.

5 DOT 0 said:
Adding SYNC is problematic and I probably won't go there. I have several BT ear buds and speaker phones so I'm set. About the only creature comfort I'll add is better speakers. Word is the stock ones are horrible and for less than $200 I should be able to greatly improve on them.
I'll miss the Shaker 1000 from the GT500 but not the weight. I'll be following your lead on the speakers once you decide on a specific one.

GA
cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
I'll miss the Shaker 1000 from the GT500 but not the weight. I'll be following your lead on the speakers once you decide on a specific one.

One thing I wouldn't miss about the Shaker is hitting the sub on the door with my foot when getting out of the car in the garage. A couple of nice speakers from Crutchfield should do the job.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
What are you guys talking about? Ford already upgraded the speakers! Duh! All you have to do is roll down the windows. ;D

Anyways, I agree with both sentiments, the rear-view mirror and possibly better speakers.

An AVIC unit from Pioneer to fix my bluetooth issues. Some better speakers. A Sochse dash kit. A rearview camera. Sirus.

That's it...... Will be my daily driver.

5 DOT 0 said:
Does window tinting count? I plan on having mine done the first week I own the car. Just the back three not the driver and passenger windows and not limo black either.
Forgot that one! Yea I'll definitely be tinting the windows but I'll do everything but the windshield.

cloud9 said:
Forgot that one! Yea I'll definitely be tinting the windows but I'll do everything but the windshield.
Are there any issues with tinting the driver and passenger windows in SD? It's illegal here and the last time I tinted my windows I got several tickets. I see a lot of people running tint in the driver and passenger windows but I don't want to get pulled over. I like to fly low and avoid the radar. ;D

5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
Are there any issues with tinting the driver and passenger windows in SD? It's illegal here and the last time I tinted my windows I got several tickets. I see a lot of people running tint in the driver and passenger windows but I don't want to get pulled over. I like to fly low and avoid the radar. ;D
There are limits as to the level, but not illegal to tint side or rear windows. Remember, you live in CA where virtually everything is regulated. This is still a free country out here ;D (sort of) No helmets required on motorcycles, no income tax, rifle racks encouraged lol.

dean_acheson said:
An AVIC unit from Pioneer to fix my bluetooth issues. Some better speakers. A Sochse dash kit. A rearview camera. Sirus.

That's it...... Will be my daily driver.
For Bluetooth and navigation I'm using garmin nuvi 1695.
I picked up the boxes with the stereo equipment from my Cobra and holy crap was that a heavy lot

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I also will get a good tint on my car. For what it's worth on my GT, I had like 18% all around which is just one notch lower than legal. I drove with my windows down a lot so no one could see. And when I didn't, no one cared it seemed. But I think with all the black a lot of these cars will have, a tint is a must.

It's a base mustang with go-fast goodies. This is one place that Ford "departed" from the original Boss concept. In 69-70 alll of the options were available for ordering on a B2 car except air- or without. A tach was an option on the Gen 1 cars.

In someways this is the car that the base had yelled for since the death of the old 5.0 5 speed LX coupe.

TMO Supporting Vendors