The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What next

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So we now we have the GT350 for those of you who have them on order, well done, for the rest of us who probably wont get one until end of next year do we know what other models ford are cooking

For example is there going to be a new GT500 with a blower?

I fully expect a TT V8 in a GT500 for 2018. It will probably eclipse the Hellcat on total HP but smoke it in the 1/4 mile. Look for an announcement from Ford Performance from SEMA this week and I think you'll bet a glimpse of what to expect for the motor. ;)

big red one said:
So we now we have the GT350 for those of you who have them on order, well done, for the rest of us who probably wont get one until end of next year do we know what other models ford are cooking

For example is there going to be a new GT500 with a blower?

With the Shelby GT500 originally coming out in 1967 I suggest that you will have access to a 50th Anniversary GT500 for the 2017 model year.

In addition watch for a 50th Anniversary Edition of the GT500KR for the 2018MY and don't be surprized to see a Mach 1 Mustang for the 2019MY and somewhere in between possibly a Boss 351 or Boss 429 remake????

Not sure what kind of power will be provided for the new GT500 in 2017 but suggest that it will not be S/C but Ford will move over to a more efficient twin turbo edition that will provide lots of low end torque and goobs of horsepower.

Again, this car will be set up more as a boulevard cruiser with tremendous straight line acceleration but don't count on it braking, steering and handling as well as the GT350.

Either way these cars are both winners!

:)

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
A 429, wow Ford would have to come up with a 7.0L. That would be an interesting bore and stroke for the small block architecture.

Would the 5.2L FPC lend itself to a staggered TT setup?

SEMA should be very interesting this year.

302 HP

Austin
Someone captured a still frame from Ford's Sema announcement video. It seems to show a blower pulley on the front of the engine so I'm not sure we'll get the long-rumored Ecoboost Coyote.

The photo is in the comments on their Facebook post earlier today in case anyone wants to see it for themselves.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
With all the technology going into the TT 3.5L I was hoping they would have put it in the mustang. With a simple tune turning up the boost you can be over 500ft lbs and 400hp to the wheels. I am all about the TT technology, I love it in my F150. I've logged over 10k miles with it pulling the Boss around :)

ArizonaBOSS said:
Big Red One--the eternal game--buy what you know now, or be forever waiting for "the next thing".

Yeah I know, I know

Just not sure either the ADM can be justified or weather right should leave the gt350 Idea behind and just get a big corvette,

There I've said it now

Ive just been told that the coming GT500 will have a twin turbo giving 727bhp, im kinda thinking that lots of guys will move order to ordering that and by the end of next year the GT350 ADM's will have gone

big red one said:
Ive just been told that the coming GT500 will have a twin turbo giving 727bhp, im kinda thinking that lots of guys will move order to ordering that and by the end of next year the GT350 ADM's will have gone

+

VooDooBOSS said:
I fully expect a TT V8 in a GT500 for 2018. It will probably eclipse the Hellcat on total HP but smoke it in the 1/4 mile. Look for an announcement from Ford Performance from SEMA this week and I think you'll bet a glimpse of what to expect for the motor. ;)

= ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel