The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What other cars have tried to race you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Had a mid 90's BMW three series try to race me on the freeway tonight. Just had to laugh at the noise that thing made as it pathetically pulled away. i left it in cruise control.

john

Read my mind. I was just about to post a topic like this. I've had 9+ people try to race me all from stoplights. Tonight it was actually a 90s (I think) 3series. Have also had the following cars try to race: stock miata, scion xb, v6 camaro, Mercedes e series, Chevy Malibu (in traffic and tried to burnout), Chrysler 300C, Honda accord, BMW 7series (in a 25 zone).

I never race back just pull away from the light as usually and let them do what they want. I'll do my racing at the track.

Scott

lotsa cars, 370z's, Camaros, challengers, corvettes, a Porsche, an Infinity, lots and lots and lots of kids with Japanese cars wearing big wings and fart cans. So ya, a few, though I must confess, most find a corner to turn whenever I get near them.

We don't have a race track or I would be on it.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I hardly get anyone try to race me. But there have been a couple.
New Subaru BRZ (he got destroyed made him look a fool in front of his GF lol)
Toyota Tundra...dont know what that dude was thinking
Challenger (V6)
Thats all that I can think of that I know of. Wish the SS's, SRT8's, ZL1's and other top tier muscle cars would try to race me but they all just seem to slink back when I get near them.

A buddy in my car club with his 240sx with a done up twin turbo Toyota inline six( just barely beat him) and got my ass kicked by my friends 11 GT500 with 600hp. Not a single car at a light has tried me, in fact they won't even look at me at a light. The Camaro and Challenger boys either turn off when they see me behind them or lag back when I'm ahead of them. I would never race on the street, that is whats funny to me.

Just this last weekend coming home from a car show, kid in a black late-model Fox-body GT with a built motor... hood was off the car, lots o' chrome and from a quick glance what looked like a Novi blower. Sounded mean (could hear the blower whine when he revved it at a stop light) and he badly wanted to race me from a stoplight on a 4 lane divided state highway.

I looked over at him, nodded my head and smiled (he was already glancing over at me). I knew he'd take off like rocket when the light turned green, and he did. But I don't street race, period. It's juvenile and I value keeping my drivers license.

I'v pulled up on atleast 3 WRX's at traffic lights recently. None of the drivers will even look over at me. I haven't had any car challenge me yet in 2200 miles. I wouldn't street race so its nice that Im not being bothered.

The only car that has tried to race me was on the night I was driving my car home fresh off the dealership lot. It was an early 2000's honda accord with a coffee can for a muffler. We were at a stop light where he was boucing off his rev limiter and his girlfriend was yelling at him telling him to stop. Light turns green and he moves out as if he launched in 4th gear with his girlfriend screaming the whole time. A definite WTF moment lol.

Aside from that I have not had anyone try to race me and it's quite annoying. I've had Chargers, M3's, Camaros, IS-F's and other cars follow behind me on the freeway, avoiding any side to side driving. I usully see cars in my rearview mirror speed up to me but then back off when they near my rear side blindspot. I'm guessing by that point the BOSS 302 decal is visable. Just an observation but it happens consistently.

USNjocson said:
Dont know why but I really want to race a 392 Challenger SRT8. I cant find any Boss 302 vs 392 Challenger races on youtube.

Eh, that shouldn't be much of a contest. Pig vs. Mustang, I think you know who should win. Though the new SRT-8's look so good, so at least it will rolling slow in style.

Brandon302 said:
Eh, that shouldn't be much of a contest. Pig vs. Mustang, I think you know who should win. Though the new SRT-8's look so good, so at least it will rolling slow in style.
USNjocson said:
Dont know why but I really want to race a 392 Challenger SRT8. I cant find any Boss 302 vs 392 Challenger races on youtube.
My second day at the drag strip I met with a 392. We were nearly dead even, but his times were just a hair better than my best at 12.84. Hell, you can make anything fast in a straight line though, so I'm not really impressed.

max5ive0 said:
My second day at the drag strip I met with a 392. We were nearly dead even, but his times were just a hair better than my best at 12.84. Hell, you can make anything fast in a straight line though, so I'm not really impressed.

This is true, probably never see one around a track, at least I know I won't. I have had a cammed C5 come up on me and we did a couple pulls and in the end got a thumbs up. Also had an IS-F try to get the jump on me which didn't work. Unfortunately no one tried anything during Hot Rod Week in OC, actually scared an 07 STI into running a light, oh well.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Had a late model Australian GTO weave thru traffic to catch up to me on a two lane divided road. When it opened up to three lane freeway he got up beside me and nailed it. I had less than 500 miles on the Boss, still breaking it in. I watched him go ( he had it hot rodded, louder than hell) and in a quarter mile he was hard on the brakes for traffic.

Dont drive mine much where rwcing would be pissible but I did have a gsxr try me for about 5 minutes on the wqy to the dragstrip one night. I never took it off cruise but we talked at the strip.

Not a single person has tried to have a go with me in the Boss. Really makes me sad cause the two dudes at work with STi's get challenged on a daily basis. I guess people know better?

I had a 427 Rousch follow me through town,when I turned into a gas station he went by and got on it pretty good and it sounded good,then a couple of months ago I had a Challenger almost the same color orange who kept coming up on my back and reving it up,my wife said don't even think about it.He went flying by and almost had a head on with a bunch of oncoming cars right in front of the State Trooper barracks,I knew that the trooper barracks was there so I kept it right at 55.He went by at about 70 but no one went after him,he was lucky.

USNjocson said:

It's not much of a race. You get a good view of them in the rear view though.

TMO Supporting Vendors