The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What other cars have tried to race you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had a hot looking cougar pull up along side me and rev her engine. She was driving a MB SLS AMG GT. I think she was just trying to flirt with me. ;D

NFSBOSS said:
I had a hot looking cougar pull up along side me and rev her engine. She was driving a MB SLS AMG GT. I think she was just trying to flirt with me. ;D

haha I thought you were talking about a Mercury for a second

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Production tolerances are fairly tight at Ford these days!!!

I didn't start this thread because I condone or even participate in street racing. It is dangerous and stupid. That being said, I was just laughing so hard when that BMW nailed it and I felt like I could have reached out the window and grabbed it with my hand it was moving away so slow and I HAD CRUISE CONTROL ON!!!! Every once in a while I get a rev from someone in another car, either Mustang, Challenger or Camaro but we all know, we are driving some high power, fast rides and there does seem to be a level of respect. That plus my hair is all white now from chemo so I look like a much older man these days.

John

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I haven't had any one try me at all. I honestly don't think a Camaro has been next to me on the street.

However, an amusing anecdote from the night I bought my '06 GT. I was driving back to my parents house and it was 8ish at night (May in Florida, so the sun was mostly down). I got onto the interstate that circumnavigates Jacksonville and some guy in a Saab wanted to race. My GT had like 15 miles on it and being a 21 year old with a brand new Mustang, I had a little fun but when we got to 80ish, I slowed back down to the speed limit (65). The Saab kept on going to triple digits I'd say and I lost sight of him around a curve in the road. About 2 minutes later, I caught up to him because he had been pulled over by a state trooper. Whoops! That's what you get for doing something stupid and from then on, I rarely if ever have exceeded 10-15 over as I learned from that guy's mistake.

A Hemi-Challenger automatic with a 5.7 at a stop light downtown. He got me off the line then shut it down about a block later and turned into the local Ford/Chrysler dealership off the highway. Turns out it was the general manager of the dealership coming back from a lunch run. My heart wasn't in it because it was on a strip of road notorious for radar traps - and in town. But it still bothers me.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
There are a boatload of Vettes in my town, mainly standard C6s and a few C5s. I don't really instigate a race...but it's typically older dudes rolling around with their wives and they get shut down if they blip the throttle. All of this while my wife is encouraging me to step on it.

However, the only "challenges" I've been exposed to have been people doing fly-bys on the freeway while I'm stuck behind other cars.

Seems like around here the only guys that have tried to race with me are the ones in the lifted diesel pick ups, they win cause I don't take the bait. Bet their rig doesn't see any more off road time than the Boss ::)

I was in Victoria and Duncan today, a lot of Camaro and challenger hopefuls on my way home. All disappointments for them. It was a good day for the Boss.

My favorites are the idiots in minivans. A normal take off from a stop light and they still can't compete.

The jealous ones find you on the freeway 5 minutes later and insist on passing at 100 MPH. Whatever.

BLAZN BOSS

Here's a funny one.......Friday night I went to a cruise in here and a good buddy of mine owns a challenger.....we used to work together and was talking old times when this guy walks up......he looked to be 70 or so and my buddy had obviously carried on a conversation with him before......he used to own a newer challenger, just the RT type, and had recently sold it. He was talking about gas mileage and so on ....then he swithed to how much horsepower the challegers have and how impressed he was. The he dropped the bomb, he said that one of those guys with a Boss 302 tried him and he blew him away, said the Boss couldn't even come close. Yes, I now have stiches in my tounge from biting it out of respect to the elderly.

BLAZN BOSS said:
Here's a funny one.......Friday night I went to a cruise in here and a good buddy of mine owns a challenger.....we used to work together and was talking old times when this guy walks up......he looked to be 70 or so and my buddy had obviously carried on a conversation with him before......he used to own a newer challenger, just the RT type, and had recently sold it. He was talking about gas mileage and so on ....then he swithed to how much horsepower the challegers have and how impressed he was. The he dropped the bomb, he said that one of those guys with a Boss 302 tried him and he blew him away, said the Boss couldn't even come close. Yes, I now have stiches in my tounge from biting it out of respect to the elderly.
LOL. You're fired!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel