The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What other cars have tried to race you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gran Sport Vette

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0BBloNEPiQ&list=PLU0KGCB6Zv80l_NoyYfvhVwyJtkfaE_Hw

at the strip in the past 2 weeks

2 Challenger SRT8
1 Camaro SS
3 Vettes
5 5.0's
1 Maserati GT?

Bay Area
I just had some douche canoe on a OCC style wide tire fugly chopper try to race me. It was so pissed that he didn’t even have a chance. But he sure did look cool with his stupid brain bucket and do-rag. LOL

jec246

Lexus IS F, Various Mustangs, Various Camaros, BMW 335i, Mercedes E350, Various fart cannon cars, Trucks, and just about anything. 98% of the time I just let them go, I really don't care.

The Lexus was a fun one. Driving into work he was in front of me and got on it hard at a light and I stayed right on him not letting him gain an inch. I had to let off a bit to match his acceleration. When we went our separate ways he yelled out the window "BADASS!" lol.

So far: A beat Camry, a dodgy quality riced Magnum, and a today a riced civic with 3 guys in it...it sounded like two ducks raping each other. He took off and got maybe 20 feet away before having to shift...LMAO. This morning a guy in an M45 stopped way back at my rear bumper instead of getting next to me at first position at a light. And I was already 10ft from the line. The only people this thing does not seem to intimidate are the dumb people... I have not seen too many Camaros on the road. The ones I have seen tend to be chicks in 6's.

WinterSucks said:
So far: A beat Camry, a dodgy quality riced Magnum, and a today a riced civic with 3 guys in it...it sounded like two ducks raping each other. He took off and got maybe 20 feet away before having to shift...LMAO. This morning a guy in an M45 stopped way back at my rear bumper instead of getting next to me at first position at a light. And I was already 10ft from the line. The only people this thing does not seem to intimidate are the dumb people... I have not seen too many Camaros on the road. The ones I have seen tend to be chicks in 6's.

This is the best quote! I almost started crying

I had the best out of all of you, I was "challenged" by a '92 SATURN driven by a teenage driver! I was tooling down a country road about 55 mph and glanced in my rear view, I saw a set of DRL's on a car coming up, the car was moving FAST! As he approached I realized he was swinging out to pass me......................I felt the honor of every BOSS owner to defend, I dropped my car in third and put it to the wood. My car lurched forward like a rocket side pipes SCREAMING, he was door to door with me (I looked at the speedo, I was doing 1oo mph!!!) his girlfriend was hanging out the window giving me a thumbs up, I shifted into fourth and I was GONE, a quick shift to fifth, and the Saturn was a speck in the rearview. I backed off at about 130mph! I'm telling you it wasn't quite the "contest" I expected, but none the less, I was AMAZED at how quick I reeled him in from 55, that kid must have had that POS to the wood for over a mile!

Ive been challenged by all sorts of cars...nice and beaters alike. Have not yet taken the bait. My family, job and my mortgage payment are too important to me to throw it away to prove something to someone in another car I will probably never see again. I'd be more then happy to settle on a track though...

cbj5259 said:
Ive been challenged by all sorts of cars...nice and beaters alike. Have not yet taken the bait. My family, job and my mortgage payment are too important to me to throw it away to prove something to someone in another car I will probably never see again. I'd be more then happy to settle on a track though...

Exactly! +1

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Today-three lane divided hwy red camaro rag n silver challenger running together caught up to me at red light, I think they thought better when they heard the crackling n poppin when I downshifted at the next light. Love those open side pipes !

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
You all forgot, all this happened in Mexico. Big brother is watching. As well as insurance company's. Just saying.
I went out for a drive and ended up on a highway in Mexico.........this guy pulled along side and wanted to go......
On a side note no one in any car has tried to race me in the Boss. I think most have read the magazines and know the Boss is bad ass. I have come across all the usual suspects and they all look like deer in the head lights. The Boss is the Boss. If some one did want to race I would not oblige as that belongs on the track or Mexico. Everyone has his or hers red mist moments in life, so far all I have gotten is respect.

I like to rev the engine up to about 2500rpm and take off like granny, the other guy hauls ass down the road feeling pretty good about himself.

8th gen civic supercharged
03 mustang gt vortech sc
Shelby gt
Pontiac gto
Camaros
Charger srt8 super bee
240s
My girlfriend in her Hyundai veloster
04 cobra whippled
Fox body
c5 vette
no ome can touch the boss in a good ole fashion highway roll

Not that I would ever street race but…IF I were driving home with a truck full of groceries and my wife in the passenger seat, I might have smoked a Lotus Exige S from the stop light to 80. But what kind of immature degenerate would do such a thing.

This guy. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel