The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What other cars have tried to race you?

First off..I drive safe...I always know the make/model around me, their capabilities and the conditions. That said...

Today I arrived at a country road stop sign. The S5 to my left jumped the sign. After my full stop, I proceeded to follow the S5. He stood on it. I was 200 feet behind and my BOSS got the better of me. The way he took off I knew he was flooring it. After a few seconds I was so far up his bumper I had to back off. I was totally impressed with the BOSS and renewed in my personal belief that the "look at me..I've got just another S5" isn't so hot.

I'm in the Concord MA area,,,,everyone seems to have a 335i or S5. They have nothing on the BOSS.
 
Boss1601 said:
First off..I drive safe...I always know the make/model around me, their capabilities and the conditions. That said...

Today I arrived at a country road stop sign. The S5 to my left jumped the sign. After my full stop, I proceeded to follow the S5. He stood on it. I was 200 feet behind and my BOSS got the better of me. The way he took off I knew he was flooring it. After a few seconds I was so far up his bumper I had to back off. I was totally impressed with the BOSS and renewed in my personal belief that the "look at me..I've got just another S5" isn't so hot.

I'm in the Concord MA area,,,,everyone seems to have a 335i or S5. They have nothing on the BOSS.

The Audi drivers around Boston seem to be more sane than most "high end" car drivers, though. I see more A4s, S4s, and A5s than S5s, but they are around. The drivers you have to watch out for are in the luxury SUVs/trucks and Volvos who think they are in race cars...
 
1,022
97
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
USNjocson said:
Dont know why but I really want to race a 392 Challenger SRT8. I cant find any Boss 302 vs 392 Challenger races on youtube.

Edit While we normally do not sensor posts on this site this video was removed. Speed limits may be different depending on where you live but street racing in any form is not a good idea, at least that is the opinion of the board administrator and the board mods.

I raced him on the way to the Nurburgring on an unrestricted Germany Autobahn so there were no speed limits. The Boss pulled on him every time, not by a lot but I beat him every time. He also raced my buddies bone stock 12 GT and the GT just barely won...it would really come down to driver in that race. The GT just edged past him, it was close.
 
WinterSucks said:
The Audi drivers around Boston seem to be more sane than most "high end" car drivers, though. I see more A4s, S4s, and A5s than S5s, but they are around. The drivers you have to watch out for are in the luxury SUVs/trucks and Volvos who think they are in race cars...

I agree. Volvos are often the worst from a quality/ability to drive too. I've had e most hassle from WRX STi. I had similar. They just don't seem to get that their a class or two down on the BOSS.
 
cbj5259 said:
I believe he was talking about a whippled cobra...which can run into the 700 RWHP range, especially if its a larger KB. That will definitely be in the 10 second range, unless the tires suck and the driver is terrible.
A stock whippled Cobra makes nowhere near 700 HP.....some guys have tuned them up and of course they would walk on a Boss...but that is like comparing Apples and Oranges....
 
I had a John Deere pull up beside me when I was on my Cub Cadet, we were pretty even on the straight but I got him on the return trip because he didn't have a zero turn. Thought I would be an ass and throw some shiznit in to the thread. Shows how exciting my life is. :)
 
I have a lot Camaros try. Not many have luck. The Force Induction ones i usually wont bother with because being 100% stock its not worth me getting beat. Our shop car is a 470whp 5th gen camaro and we are hanging doors from a 40 roll. Im still stock down to paper filter. Beat up a lot of C5's, LS3 vettes are close, give or take. Stock terminators are a close race, Pullied etc they beat me. Have run a few 400HP New civics and hang doors or pull them a little. I cant wait to tune it soon and wake it up.
 
vista6019 said:
A stock whippled Cobra makes nowhere near 700 HP.....some guys have tuned them up and of course they would walk on a Boss...but that is like comparing Apples and Oranges....

Is there such a thing as a "stock" whippled Cobra? I think just by it being whippled it is not stock...and its not like you can throw a whipple on a stock Cobra without first having to upgrade a whole plethora of stuff first (tune, pulleys, intake, etc...). Just saying...I had nearly 470 to the wheels in mine with the stock Eaton and only a tune, smaller pulley, CAI, off road pipe and cat backs. If I were to throw a big KB on there and change the throttle body and MAF 700 would have been pretty easy.
 

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town
Oh, man, oh man, what a thread. When I had my Race Red '13 GT/CS, everyone and their brother would rev me at a stop light; now, no one crosses me. On occasion I will run with a Camaro or three, only to leave them admiring the tail lights. I had a nasty run in with a little fart can import that held it's own for quite a long stretch of highway. But more so than not, it's folks rolling down their windows with cheesy grins and thumbs up than egg-on's for a drag.
 
tlflow said:
can't get a Camaro to look at me, what's up with that?

They see you. Many guys at work with Camaros ( mostly V6). They are all very aware of my BOSS. Even guys I never met. They are respectful. The guys wi 5 year old vettes are a little over confident.
 

GB899

NO REGRETS
430
323
Nebraska
did 2 rolling pulls with a friend in his GT 500... 1st one I bounced off the rev limiter too quickly and messed up the shift... 2nd one I pulled him by just a bit...felt good about that... he drag races on a regular basis... I haven't done it in a long time...
 
GB899 said:
did 2 rolling pulls with a friend in his GT 500... 1st one I bounced off the rev limiter too quickly and messed up the shift... 2nd one I pulled him by just a bit...felt good about that... he drag races on a regular basis... I haven't done it in a long time...
mods?
 

GB899

NO REGRETS
430
323
Nebraska
I am bone stock down to the airfilter... still have the plates in the side exhaust...no redkey... his 2008's only mod is drag radials... it is his daily driver... i think the extra rpm the boss can carry was the key... still cool to hear the supercharger whine next door... only went from about 40 to
the speed limit... wink...
 
GB899 said:
I am bone stock down to the airfilter... still have the plates in the side exhaust...no redkey...
You need some 3/4" exhaust plates. ;)
 

GB899

NO REGRETS
430
323
Nebraska
NFSBOSS said:
You need some 3/4" exhaust plates. ;)

Yes I do... and "redkey"...and race wheels & tires... and camber bolts/plates... and... and...
I am just waiting for an oil change... silly thing still has that new car smell.. only a bit over 2 thousand miles so far... the pampering will end ... eventually... I get too much grief from Pemberton... my little brother.. superman... oh - just about everybody...lol
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top