The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What should I know before buying a 2013 Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAZN BOSS

Ignore most of what you read and half of what you see. Go buy what is a very nice car, break it in as lineated by the owners manual, wash wax and drive.............hardest part is figuring out how to wipe the smile off your face to go to sleep!

Some people love the Recaros, others love the standard seats. If you are fortunate enough to be able o sit in one with the Recaros and one without I would suggest it, but that may be hard finding two within close proximity with different packages.

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
BLAZN BOSS said:
Ignore most of what you read and half of what you see. Go buy what is a very nice car, break it in as lineated by the owners manual, wash wax and drive.............hardest part is figuring out how to wipe the smile off your face to go to sleep!
Blazn Boss said it best. Yes, just do it.You'll love it.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
That it is the most amazing car on the road as far as acceleration, handling and this car screams "Look at me!". I mean, the TV commercial isn't joking. I have little kids staring at the car like its a real life Hotwheel, which, IT IS!

Just do yourself a favor and SLOWLY get used to the car. There is a TON of power there and for drivers who are not that skilled, um, well... Just be careful and go to the track if you want to go crazy.

Depending on your age check with your insurance person before you purchase, if it is to tight you might wait untill you can budget the car, I know a young man that did purchase one and he is now selling for this reason?

But if can, go for it.

KYBOSSLS said:
Depending on your age check with your insurance person before you purchase, if it is to tight you might wait untill you can budget the car, I know a young man that did purchase one and he is now selling for this reason?

But if can, go for it.

I had this happen to me. When I was 24, I thought it would be a great idea to buy a 300ZX twin turbo(okay, it was the mid nineties and there were not a lot of great choices, and I wound up liking the car a lot, except for repair costs after the warranty expired) and for the insurance was about $2400(1990's!) for the six months until I turned 25 and more than my actual car payments.

Daniel said:
What should I know before buying one? Such as problems, what I should ask my dealer, owners kit... etc.

I know it's silly to purchase one of these cars for investment purposes (this car is made to be driven, so drive it!), but rest assured that someday, it will be an investment for someone (even if it's not still yours). So, to ensure that investment options are maximized (even if this is not your intention), there are a few things that you may want to get upon purchase... If you are picking up a car that is already on the lot, make sure that they have kept everything for you, such as the stickers that came off the plastic seat covers, blend number stickers off the windows, the axle tag (if they took it off), and of course, the window sticker should be preserved. If they are ordering it for you (and it's not already on the lot), don't let the dealer put on their decal, and if you live in a state that requires a front license plate, don't let them drill out your front bumper. There are plenty of really neat license plate holders available for this car that don't require butchering your front fascia. Many dealers don't have a clue about track key, so when the person doing the PDR tells you it's already installed, it isn't. Both keys will work, but the programming is the same. My dealer actually let me do the PDR, which is cool too. In fact, my car had less than a mile on it when it came off the trailer, and I have put every mile on her since... And of course, the owner's kit will add value to your car, at least someday (plus, it has some cool things in it), but that is not in the dealer's hands (comes directly from Ford to your house).

CEO_five-0 said:
Daniel said:
What should I know before buying one? Such as problems, what I should ask my dealer, owners kit... etc.

I know it's silly to purchase one of these cars for investment purposes (this car is made to be driven, so drive it!), but rest assured that someday, it will be an investment for someone (even if it's not still yours). So, to ensure that investment options are maximized (even if this is not your intention), there are a few things that you may want to get upon purchase... If you are picking up a car that is already on the lot, make sure that they have kept everything for you, such as the stickers that came off the plastic seat covers, blend number stickers off the windows, the axle tag (if they took it off), and of course, the window sticker should be preserved. If they are ordering it for you (and it's not already on the lot), don't let the dealer put on their decal, and if you live in a state that requires a front license plate, don't let them drill out your front bumper. There are plenty of really neat license plate holders available for this car that don't require butchering your front fascia. Many dealers don't have a clue about track key, so when the person doing the PDR tells you it's already installed, it isn't. Both keys will work, but the programming is the same. My dealer actually let me do the PDR, which is cool too. In fact, my car had less than a mile on it when it came off the trailer, and I have put every mile on her since... And of course, the owner's kit will add value to your car, at least someday (plus, it has some cool things in it), but that is not in the dealer's hands (comes directly from Ford to your house).
The one I was going to buy was just sold so I am going to have to order one lol

TMO Supporting Vendors