The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What size Hoosier R7 to run on GT350R wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks like there are a few options, Just wondering what works best. My car is a stock R with camber plates running about -3 + camber. Thanks

315/30/19 square.

So if I was going to run the MPSC2's would you get them with a square set up or staggered like the car came with? Stock R wheels....

racer47

Still winning after 30+ years
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SE WI
I run both MPSC2's and R7's 315 square, with good results on R wheels.

Whats your difference in lap times between the SC2's and R7's?

Its pretty close and seems to be track dependent — e.g. Sebring was faster on PSC2’s.

The PSC2’s are best (fantastic) for the first heat cycle and early on in subsequent sessions, thereafter. Typically, I’ve found the R7’s are more consistent and up to a second a lap faster on a big track, but it’s close enough that I buy whichever has best pricing....

My guess is that A7’s would be quicker — just haven’t convinced my self to live with the shorter life.....

Its pretty close and seems to be track dependent — e.g. Sebring was faster on PSC2’s.

The PSC2’s are best (fantastic) for the first heat cycle and early on in subsequent sessions, thereafter. Typically, I’ve found the R7’s are more consistent and up to a second a lap faster on a big track, but it’s close enough that I buy whichever has best pricing....

My guess is that A7’s would be quicker — just haven’t convinced my self to live with the shorter life.....

What would you recommend for 18x11”?
PSC2 are not available in 18”.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would you recommend for 18x11” wheels?
PSC2 is not available in 18”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoosier R7's: 315/30R18. I'm going to use those on my Race car with 18 x 11's
Anyone running slicks?

I tried Pirelli take offs from Ferrari challenge, but could only find 19" in 305's -- they seemed about the same as 315 PSC2's or 315 R7's -- I put it down to the narrower tire, but you never know with take-offs

When running the 315/30/19 front and rear on the R, do you use the stock size 19" wheels that came on the car?

TMO Supporting Vendors