The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What to do with oil in the separator?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Yeah...I concur. I just throw mine out. Would recommend you do the same....easier to just top off with fresh if the level drops.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Well like Justin said...the stuff comes in as a vapor and collects....as it cools...how much moisture does it draw in?? I don't know....but the crankcase oil gets hot enough to get the moisture out of it. INMHO....I Just think protecting the engine versus a small amount of condensed oil to be thrown out is the way to go. Just my 2 cents worth.

I dump it back in, it's barely an oz when ever I've checked it. I just have the small one from JLT or JLP I don't remember which one. Too many company's names shortened by initials to remember.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
racered302 said:
I dump it back in, it's barely an oz when ever I've checked it. I just have the small one from JLT or JLP I don't remember which one. Too many company's names shortened by initials to remember.
JLT
JLP is johnny lightning performance

remember an oz of prevention is worth more then a pound of cure.....why chance it?

TMO Supporting Vendors