The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What to Offer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's been about 7 months since I've actively looked for a Boss. I'm working deals on two different Boss 302s now, one with Recaros one without. I am trying to figure out what to offer. Both are currently at sticker but I feel better deals are available. I would be more apt to deal on the non Recaro car because I'm not sure how well my big butt would fit in the Recaros Haha. Any advice would be great.

I'm more trying to get a gauge on the current 2012 market now that the 2013 MY is due put soon.

Thanks!
Jeff

Get the Recaros, I think you will regret it if you don't. Remember, that also includes the Torsen differential. I think the car would be very different, to me, without those two key features.

I'm 6'1", 230... pretty big guy and I've had no problem with the Recaros.

Not sure what your plans are for the car, but I'd think you'd be better off with the R/T option for resale in the future, even if you never plan to track the car. There's a Race Red with R/T on the showroom floor by me for $1k under MSRP if that gives you something of a benchmark. It's been there for about a month now and this dealer has a lot of specialty Mustang buyers. You should be able to get it under MSRP, but for a special car like this I wouldn't compromise on options for less than $2k IMO.

See I am the guy you never ask about working a deal on a Boss. My wife says if someone would write Boss 302 on a piece of paper, I would buy it. I payed asking price on my first Boss in 71 and my second one (a 69) and my last 70 in 2005. So when the Boss 302 was reintroduced and the dealer said 5k over for an LS, I said, give it to me. I am just a weak person with a Boss addiction so my advice is useless. I will say the Recaros feel so good on the track.

I have to say the recaro seats are great the whole pkg is so much woth it dont settle for less you will be unhappy in the end. Good luck and just wait until you get one they are so much fun to drive my only complaint is how easy they spin the rear tires but I am working on that one.

I sent out a feeler on any car that meets my criteria within a 150 mile radius. If I got in the 500-750 over invoice range I'd be ecstatic. It would keep my debt-to-income ratios in check as well. I'd drive further, but I'd like to stay closer to home if possible. I did drive from Columbus, OH to Rochester, NY when I bought my GT haha.

Hey JeepinOcala, what type of Jeep do you have? My DD/Winter Beater is a 99 WJ on a 3" OME/Bilstein Lift with 32" Duratracs.

Thanks for the help!

BossLS said:
See I am the guy you never ask about working a deal on a Boss. My wife says if someone would write Boss 302 on a piece of paper, I would buy it. I payed asking price on my first Boss in 71 and my second one (a 69) and my last 70 in 2005. So when the Boss 302 was reintroduced and the dealer said 5k over for an LS, I said, give it to me. I am just a weak person with a Boss addiction so my advice is useless. I will say the Recaros feel so good on the track.

If I had found an LS for only 5k over, I probably would have bought it too ;D

FalconGuy1965 said:
I sent out a feeler on any car that meets my criteria within a 150 mile radius. If I got in the 500-750 over invoice range I'd be ecstatic. It would keep my debt-to-income ratios in check as well. I'd drive further, but I'd like to stay closer to home if possible. I did drive from Columbus, OH to Rochester, NY when I bought my GT haha.

Hey JeepinOcala, what type of Jeep do you have? My DD/Winter Beater is a 99 WJ on a 3" OME/Bilstein Lift with 32" Duratracs.

Thanks for the help!

Just be prepared to never drive your Falcon again! I haven't driven my '64 convertible since I got my Boss. ::)

Haha it needs a total restore. I sold a 65 post for a 64 hardtop project car. It's solid from Texas but needs everything. The current stable is:

2011 Mustang GT Brembo
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
66 Mustang convetible I6 auto
64 Falcon Hardtop

The plan for the Falcon is a warmed over efi 5.0 with a T5. I'm saving all the spare change for a house down payment so it has suffered Haha. Luckily other than some smaller student loans I'm debt free. Not bad for a 25 year old with both a bachelors and masters degrees. I am very fortunate to have found an awesome place to work.

How much is a decent old school 302 going for nowadays? Some day I will have one. I want to build a track monster out of one, as they were intended to be.

FalconGuy1965 said:
Haha it needs a total restore. I sold a 65 post for a 64 hardtop project car. It's solid from Texas but needs everything. The current stable is:

2011 Mustang GT Brembo
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
66 Mustang convetible I6 auto
64 Falcon Hardtop

The plan for the Falcon is a warmed over efi 5.0 with a T5. I'm saving all the spare change for a house down payment so it has suffered Haha. Luckily other than some smaller student loans I'm debt free. Not bad for a 25 year old with both a bachelors and masters degrees. I am very fortunate to have found an awesome place to work.
What the hell is a Jeep doing in your stable??? I mean maybe in the storage shed, but not in the stable!!!

My GF works for BJ sometimes, been to too many of those events to even want to look at auction prices. I have seen some cars for sale here that have stupid high prices and are worn out POS, but people think they can get BJ prices. I was going to bid on a hemi Dart or something one time but when I talked to the bidding office they wanted too much personal info.

I was there when the kid won the Veyron and then refused to pay for it. That was the highlight of all the ones I have been to. That and getting to climb around in a couple Bosses before they went into production ;D

Fat Boss said:
FalconGuy1965 said:

Thanks for the help!

Just be prepared to never drive your Falcon again! I haven't driven my '64 convertible since I got my Boss. ::)

That's a fact! I haven't even opened the door on my Mach1 since the Boss got home!

TMO Supporting Vendors