The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What to wear to track attack?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'll be at Track Attack next Saturday. I bought a helmet because I plan to do some more track events in the future, but what should I wear? Shorts and t-shirt, jeans? What about shoes, Nike KD6 sneaks ok?

Also how formal is the dinner? Nice jeans and a polo ok?

Don't want to look like a schmuck ;)

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Shorts and a T-shirt. You'll wear a full suit provided by MMP, and that can get hot in the summer. Sneakers should be fine if they are light and flexible.

The dinner is not formal.

Your only opportunity to look like a schmuck is on track! ;)

The dinner is very formal. White linen table cloths over fold up tables and chairs. ;) Shorts and a t-shirt are fine or jeans and a polo if you're going for race track chic. Whatever you do bring a camera as the museum has a few cars you won't see anywhere else. Most likely Bill or Brian will be there and spend lots of time asking questions about the GT40's. Have them go over the differences between the cars, they are not all the same. They know a LOT about them and you won't see a collection like that anywhere else on the planet.

Don't forget the GoPro...! As already said shorts and tea shirt are fine for both sessions. Museum probably has the best collection I've seen, but I never found out why one of the GT40's had UK plates.

If flying be ready to have your bag inspected on the way home, mine was..!

Hope you have a great day

Fomoco302 said:
I shipped my trophy home USPS, didn't think it would pass muster in my carry on bag.

Funny thing was that as we had been in the area for two weeks it was in the case with dirty laundry wrapped in dirty smalls.....pitty the TSA guy who had to check...!

Wow hard to believe it's been over three years since we went there. That place is awesome. Ford hallowed ground.

Fat Boss said:
Wow hard to believe it's been over three years since we went there. That place is awesome. Ford hallowed ground.

Only two more sessions left, then just our memories.

I had to open my carry on and let the TSA guys inspect the trophy, but after they scanned it I was good to go. They got a chuckle out of it. The one guy says to me "sir...is that a piston in your carry on?" Once I explained it, they thought it was pretty cool.

I saw Bill two weeks ago at Laguna Seca and he told me Brian has left Miller. Too bad I liked Brian. For the track, like people say, wear tshirt and shorts because you'll be wearing a fire suit. Dinner is informal. Wow over two years since I was there. The way those people make you feel, you can never be a schmuck. Really great people there and I want to go back. Bill told me the FR500s will be going and replace by....... you guessed it, Boss 302R Mustangs. That I just got to drive. Just relax and you will have a blast. Nicest track people I have ever met.

I skipped track attack. Been more than a year since I got my 2013 BOSS. am I outta luck? I skipped for great reasons. I calculated airfare and hotel andit didn't fit in the family budget at the time. Now, things have changed amd I can swing it if it is still available.

BossLS said:
I saw Bill two weeks ago at Laguna Seca and he told me Brian has left Miller. Too bad I liked Brian. For the track, like people say, wear tshirt and shorts because you'll be wearing a fire suit. Dinner is informal. Wow over two years since I was there. The way those people make you feel, you can never be a schmuck. Really great people there and I want to go back. Bill told me the FR500s will be going and replace by....... you guessed it, Boss 302R Mustangs. That I just got to drive. Just relax and you will have a blast. Nicest track people I have ever met.

That's what I heard from just about everyone. Can't wait to take it all in!

Boss1601 said:
I skipped track attack. Been more than a year since I got my 2013 BOSS. am I outta luck? I skipped for great reasons. I calculated airfare and hotel andit didn't fit in the family budget at the time. Now, things have changed amd I can swing it if it is still available.

I'm guessing you are unless they added another session. October was supposed to be the last and is full. They added September 6th as an extra one day session. That's all I know.

TMO Supporting Vendors