The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What trailers are you guys using to tow your Boss 302?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a 2004 all steel (Mustang brand) 16' car trailer with white wagon wheels (pretty good paint for the year), with new tires that have tire shine ! , actually it's for my backhoe , and honestly I have never had the Boss on it ! :)

Just picked this up last week. It's a little longer than I anticipated, but surprisingly light for how big it is. Has space for two! It needs to lose the painted logos on the side... yes, they're painted :(

photo+5.jpg

photo+4.jpg

neema said:
Just picked this up last week. It's a little longer than I anticipated, but surprisingly light for how big it is. Has space for two! It needs to lose the painted logos on the side... yes, they're painted :(
Very nice, I look forward to seeing it in a couple of weeks.

roadhouse said:
Why didn't you get the big one? ;D

Looks like a nice rig!

Funnily enough, I was deciding between 38' and 45' (!!!) Featherlites. Both were great deals, but I don't have the kind of towing capacity for a 45 footer. That's dually territory. So I guess I'm stuck with the baby 38' :(

It does look good and the 5.0L will be more than enough for that setup. It should go down the road great and you won't be stopping for fuel as often as I do.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
The blue trailer looks great Steve. I got my trailer setup recently too. Nice little 16' dovetail. Wanted a small trailer since I'm going to tow with my jeep...91297884-lets-see-your-latest-pics-trailer-reduced.jpg

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
I would have loved to get an aluminum, but it was out of my price range unfortunately. Good luck with the 18' aluminum one, probably will be 800 lbs less than a steel one!

I was looking at featherlite aluminum trailers and the cost was the same as enclosed. I ended up with an enclosed trailer. I have an F150 FX4 and even though it is able to pull the trailer with car it's terrible on gas mileage. I towed it down to MSR Houston and got 6 miles per gallon. That's about $300 in gas round trip. Right now I am looking into an F250 6.7 Power stroke. I need one for the farm and it should pull the car hauler like it wasn't even there. I will post pics of the trailer tomorrow.

gremlinsteve said:
I'm looking at the featherlight trailer myself.
What enclosed trailer did you find for the same cost?

I ended up with a Continental trailer. It was a little bit more, but once you start looking into the aluminum trailers they average around $7500 for a 20' trailer. My 20' enclosed with upgrades was $8300 and is heavier than an aluminum trailer. However, I knew I was going to be gutting the car, so the enclosed trailer was the way to go for me.

TMO Supporting Vendors