The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What you guys think of this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
thinking about getting this for the back of the boss. its another bob white decal
528493_373562029343041_100000677422918_1192916_956093860_n.jpg

GA
askjeffro said:
Anyone remember this ad?
82ad.jpg

Yeah, Ford claims that this is the first time since 1971 that there has been a Boss, but they conveniently forgot about that one. I guess it didn't count. ;)

Well, to be fair, I don't think that was actually labeled a Boss, rather it was a "clever" advertising idea of a marketing executive somewhere.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ArizonaGT said:
Ford is not going to sue you; ::) if you like it, order it.
oh I know they arent going to sue me about it lol. I got one on the way. just dont want to put to much on the car going to put it and the serial numbers on the car and see what it looks like. if I dont like it I can just take it off.

Wow what a blast from the past. I remember when that add came out I was a senior in Highschool and I wanted that car so bad. I finally got a chance when I was stationed at FT. Campbell to get a used 83 in Hendersonville KY. I had a lot of good times with that car and that's why I have the BOSS today. It is the same color scheme and just makes me smile every time I look at it.

I think that such a phrase on a Boss 302 is childish. If someone does NOT recognize what the car is in the first place, this doesn't help. For those that DO recognize the car for what the Boss is then the phrase is meaningless, redundant and is what I call bling bling. - like wearing a gold necklace that weighs five pounds with chest hairs that are sprouting about it.
The question was presented, I responded. 8)

jec246

Bossfan said:
I think that such a phrase on a Boss 302 is childish. If someone does NOT recognize what the car is in the first place, this doesn't help. For those that DO recognize the car for what the Boss is then the phrase is meaningless, redundant and is what I call bling bling. - like wearing a gold necklace that weighs five pounds with chest hairs that are sprouting about it.
The question was presented, I responded. 8)

Dang... I thought i deleted those photos.... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors