The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What's a Top Ten Worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remember, one has to find a BUYER, who would see this minimally-valued (in my opinion) 'top ten" thing as an additional value. And then, determine when this buyer will be available: five years from now? in ten years? in thirty years?
Then ask yourself how long you expect to have the car, how much it depreciated in each of those sets of years, and what you could have done with the money invested in something else over those periods if time. Ask what would be the incremental value you may receive from the 'top ten' feature. Even a '69 Camaro with a six cylinder in-line engine with automatic might go for more than it was purchased at the time, but you've got to ask yourself: was it a good 'investment' relatively speaking?
I tend to side with those who buy the car to experience the value of driving a 444 horsepower Mustang Boss 302.

I guess my point is: Does being concerned about that incremental value take away your enjoyment of driving the car.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel