The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What's scary about this photo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok I was at the WC race at Long Beach last year and took this photo, notice the Master Brake Cylinder Brace....Flex!

gallery_13159_122_1883656.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
To me it does appear the brace is to limit movement or flex of the Brake Booster/Master Cylinder under hard braking conditions. The firewall does look to be highly modified to install the tubular safety cage. Also the builders may have redesigned the interior pedal frame assembly and/or removed it to reduce weight?

The brake pedal takes a workout under race conditions and late braking to setup for the turn in.

I didn't build it, but that would be my guess as the location of the brace mounts against the master cylinder mounting nut/studs and it would directly counter foot pressure on the pedal.

Good find!

Dave
2HP

Actually good point, because they chopped the fire wall they were concerned with how solid it was to hold the Master Cylinder.

This was on both Capaldi Racing Boss S.

I also loved their side exhaust, many reasons they did it but mostly hated fixing the exhaust from rear bumps.

gallery_13159_122_1852180.jpg

gallery_13159_122_1683867.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors