The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What's up with the front sway bar bushings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone else found their front sway bar bushings fused to the bar? We put the P springs on with MM C/C plates and found that the front sway bar was extremely stiff. At first we tried putting some thin spacers in between the two halves of the bracket, but still no movement. We removed the bar assy and sure enough the bushings were fused or glued to the bar. What's up with that?

I found the same thing with mine. I installed the Ford Racing swaybar and I was planning to use the oem brackets since I found the Eibach/Ford Racing brackets are a failure point. I could not remove the bushing without distroying them. They appeared to be glued or something.

Interesting. I've noticed mine creaking as I exit my driveway. I wonder if mine are fused too. How did the rest of your install go?

Thanks for the input guys. We separated the bushings from the bar. I'll let you know if that turns out to be a problem. It does seem like it's limiting the ability of the bar to do it's job.

The install went great. I had help from some very knowledgeable and experienced Mustang guys. Of course it helped to have a lift and spring compressor to use! Even got to watch as a Fays2 Watts Link got installed on a GT500. I did notice I have a leak at the pinion seal that needs to be addressed.

Best part of the day was getting behind the wheel of a 2011 GT350 for a test drive as the owner drove my Boss!

060_zpsa640dc2e.jpg

045_zps5ac77a92.jpg

044_zpse13e153d.jpg

053_zps2cbf5f8c.jpg

048_zps5ca8cfc3.jpg

046_zps368a3216.jpg

No. I don't think he's want to take that step down! That car is incredible. It was only my second time driving a supercharged car, the first being parade laps at Spring Mtn in Tom's KR.

TMO Supporting Vendors