The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Whats wrong with people?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driving home from work today. I stop at a light and a guy pulls up beside me in a blacked out G37 Infinity. I glance over at him and he throws me a big all Tooth grin. I am thinking he's a dork and just likes the car. He revs his engine a couple times and I laugh. The light changes and I roll away easy. I hear him get on it and think, serious? you wanna go with that ? soo as he pulls up beside me I stab second and get on it, light wheel spin and I am pulling away, by the time I hit 3rd he is so far back it is laughable.

We pull up at the next light and he looks over at me and glares at me like I did something bad to him. WTF

Three weeks ago I had a black camaro SS pull up to next to me at a light and It was one of those you know its on moments as soon as the light hit green I was off and the camaro was behind and by the time I hit the next light I hit and the camaro was still way behind me. Needless to say at that point I decided to slow down, because I knew that they knew that light to light experience was lost to them.

You think this is rare but it happens nearly every other time I take my Boss out...

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Whats wrong with people?

killerwill13 said:
Three weeks ago I had a black camaro SS pull up to next to me at a light and It was one of those you know its on moments as soon as the light hit green I was off and the camaro was behind and by the time I hit the next light I hit 110 and the camaro was still way behind me. Needless to say at that point I decided to slow down, because I knew that they knew that light to light experience was lost to them.

You think this is rare but it happens nearly every other time I take my Boss out...
Just the opposite for me, I take mine out and never see anything.. I decide to drive my truck, bam Camaros, Mustangs everywhere.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i had a late model M3 in front of me on a 2 lane road with multiple grocery getters in front of him. he was revving the piss out of it like he was in Tokyo Drift and slowing down, then gunning it. you know the type. then we get to the ramp to get on the highway, we are going super slow for a minivan trying to balance an egg on the dashboard. i get into second and prepare for takeoff. he blips his dual clutch auto down. i'm watching the solid lines on my left start to merge into one, check for traffic coming up, then BOOM! off we go, bulleting into the far left lane. i had to shift into third before i even got into the left lane and ended up in 5th gear. DAMN IT!

having the opportunity around here, is rare with all the traffic. so, blowing an opportunity like this hurts more than my ego.

Re: Re: Whats wrong with people?

unrealford said:
Just the opposite for me, I take mine out and never see anything.. I decide to drive my truck, bam Camaros, Mustangs everywhere.

That's EXACTLY what happens to me every time I take mine out. During the week, when I'm in my company car(Fusion) I get every Mopar, GM, and Foreign car under the sun whizzing by me. :-\

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
Mine being a daily driver, I run into someone almost every day that wants to see if the hype is justified. And that's what it is, most of the time. For those slower cars, wanting to see what the Boss has, I enjoy getting into 3rd and then breaking the rear tires loose, just to show how little effort it would take to pull away from them.

I do get the serious challengers about 2-3 times a week. These, most of the time, happen to be older modified Mustangs. I'll usually keep the traction-control on for these, if from a dig, as I know they'll have trouble hooking up. I usually leave the line in 2nd gear.

I'm not surprised by all of the people (boys, men & women) who want to show that their old Mustang, Camaro, Civic, Maxima, Camry, turbo-diesel trucks, etc., are quicker than the Boss. And with a license plate that reads RAT-RCR, I shouldn't be surprised. ;) I'm already egging them on. I'm definitely doing my part to show that, yes, the hype around the Boss 302 is justified. ;D

Can't believe I'm saying it, but I'm starting to want more power from this car. It could use another 50-75hp on the highway, in 4th-6th. On the other hand, it can't make use of it in town in 1st-3rd.

For those of you looking for more encounters on the street: Go drive it more. It will happen! 8)

Just a reminder that street racing discussions are not permitted on BMO. Keep it in general terms please.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
One of the things that I keep in mind when driving my car is that it definitely is not the fastest thing on the street. Sure you may glance over at the little ol Honda next to you and think "pfft...waste of time", until you get utterly destroyed by a 500whp econobox.

With that said, as when I had my Evos, pretty much every time I take the Boss out someone wants to test it. I may be getting a bit old in my mid 30s, but I'm just not interested in stoplight drags anymore. You can pretty much tell when the car next to you has something special going on...and sometimes you can't. Most car guys know when they have a possible sleeper next to them.

But to be 100% honest, there are those times when I just can't resist the urge...especially when the other car is blatantly asking for it ;).

NewBossowner said:
Driving home from work today. I stop at a light and a guy pulls up beside me in a blacked out G37 Infinity. I glance over at him and he throws me a big all Tooth grin. I am thinking he's a dork and just likes the car. He revs his engine a couple times and I laugh. The light changes and I roll away easy. I hear him get on it and think, serious? you wanna go with that ? soo as he pulls up beside me I stab second and get on it, light wheel spin and I am pulling away, by the time I hit 3rd he is so far back it is laughable.

We pull up at the next light and he looks over at me and glares at me like I did something bad to him. WTF

Something I had to get used too. Everyone seems to want to say yours is no better than mine. It can be a Buick, Toyota, or Kia. They ride my bumper or ways try to pass to make a point. I let them so they can feel better about themselves but they know who the Boss is.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
For those of you who have the ability to open it up while out cruising I'm jealous! I live in a city with the population of approximately one million and the road infrastructure to support about half that!!

BOSS343

Theory of 1
Wow...must be nice never seeing enforcers of the speed limit. Course at the ripe ol age of 25 I drive like a grandpa. I go a max of 5mph over the speed limit and use good ol cruise control (first vehicle I ever owned WITH cruise) not to mention my perfect driving record. I like not having insane insurance premiums.

I dunno where y'all live at but people here claim to see Boss 302's all the time. and I know for a fact during winter they ain't seeing my CO period. unless its dry and sunny out. parently there are several that live in my neck of the corn (central Illinois) I call BS. Also...not once have I even had a potential challenger even try to invoke the wrath of the BOSS. shoot....people don't even look up when I cruise by unless they grew up in the 60's-70's people my age? nope. If it doesn't ooze dollar signs they don't care...what is wrong with today's youth...

on a side note. a kid at the local dicks sporting goods store was screaming "mommy mommy LOOK. an ORANGE car!!!!!" that was cool...he was like 5. I'm done rambling now.

Depends on someones attitude. If they are looking like a punk that is hoping to get his rocks off by beating me off the line, then i dont give them any satisfaction. I had one kid in a later SN-95 that was giving my car the loving admiration it deserves and he blipped his throttle, so I graciously obliged when the light turned green. Once i hit the speed limit i backed off so he could catch up and he smiled and waved thanks. Thats just good ole camaraderie.

Last time I was home I had a newer 370z take off besides me. I didnt want any part of it. But in another minute or so he did it again so I obliged him to check out my sexy tail lights. After that he fell in behind me and when I pulled into Outback steakhouse he parked next to me. He was about 17-18 and im guessing daddy bought him this car. He was so excited to finally see a Boss he said, so I took him for a quick ride and he thought he just won the lottery. He wanted to buy my dinner after that. lol

TMO Supporting Vendors