The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What's your oil pressure reading?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys,

I'm curious as to what your oil pressure readings at start up, while driving and at idle.

Mine is generally around 80 PSI while driving but it has pegged the meter at 100 PSI under acceleration and will go down to 20ish when warmed up at idle.

80 PSI seems high to me.

MrGT5oh said:
Hey guys,

I'm curious as to what your oil pressure readings at start up, while driving and at idle.

Mine is generally around 80 PSI while driving but it has pegged the meter at 100 PSI under acceleration and will go down to 20ish when warmed up at idle.

80 PSI seems high to me.

Spot on! I forgot what article I read but Ford said that was normal pressure. Those are the exact numbers I see on my LS.

I was concerned about the same thing. Upon start up my LS is 80 and when under throttle it goes to 100. I've been cautious to drive it easily until the car warms up and the pressure drops to about 80 under throttle.

TMO Supporting Vendors