The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wheel Hop / Axle Tramp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrodnut said:
To me, it'll always be Moroso, ;D that's what it was when I worked across the street at Pratt & Whitney and raced there myself.

Kinda like some tracks that sponsors bought their name, it'll alway be Charlotte Motor Speedway, Sonoma, etc.

Let us know how it goes, with me just changing the lowers may work on the street ok, but when you get in the glue at the track it may be a different story.

Our local track (50 miles) closed down because of reasons with owners, hopefully it'll be picked up by someone else because the next closest is 170 miles!

Sears Point

CaliMR said:
hotrodnut said:
To me, it'll always be Moroso, ;D that's what it was when I worked across the street at Pratt & Whitney and raced there myself.

Kinda like some tracks that sponsors bought their name, it'll alway be Charlotte Motor Speedway, Sonoma, etc.

Let us know how it goes, with me just changing the lowers may work on the street ok, but when you get in the glue at the track it may be a different story.

Our local track (50 miles) closed down because of reasons with owners, hopefully it'll be picked up by someone else because the next closest is 170 miles!

Sears Point

Auh, yep! You got it. :)

I'm not sure if we are agreeing or not ;D

I have never heard a local call it Sonoma, only them thar NASCAR boys. To us it has always been and will always be Sears Point, with no relation to the chain stores.

And I am still waiting for someone to introduce me to this Axel Tramp. She sounds hot.

CaliMR said:
I'm not sure if we are agreeing or not ;D

I have never heard a local call it Sonoma, only them thar NASCAR boys. To us it has always been and will always be Sears Point, with no relation to the chain stores.

And I am still waiting for someone to introduce me to this Axel Tramp. She sounds hot.

Sure we are, I'm an NASCAR region east coaster, what do you expect, me too, she's got'a be better than a sock hop!

I've never been to a NASCAR race there, though I want to. My track guru told me I'm not allowed to go until I'm a good enough driver not to pick up their bad habits ;D

CaliMR said:
I've never been to a NASCAR race there, though I want to. My track guru told me I'm not allowed to go until I'm a good enough driver not to pick up their bad habits ;D

I hear you on the bad habits. Back when the Whitington's owned Road Atlanta I was lucky enough to get to work their races and talked to all the brother's. As you know they raced a lot of different things, IMSA, Indy cars, Air Planes and NASCAR. Bill Whitington told me of all those, NASCAR was the best rush, because you went so fast for so long.
I myself never raced that series so I can't vouch for that, did race dirt track karts some which is the closest I came to oval racing, but I can't see that.
Left, right, go fast, shift gears, use brakes, to me, that's the best! ;D

I have heard nothing but praise for Road Atlanta and it has always been one of my favorites in video games. Sears Point is a great track too, but the NASCAR configuration leaves out too much of the good stuff.

CaliMR said:
I have heard nothing but praise for Road Atlanta and it has always been one of my favorites in video games. Sears Point is a great track too, but the NASCAR configuration leaves out too much of the good stuff.

I haven't raced any tracks but the east coast ones with the exception of California's El Centro back in the day.

But the ones I have raced, Road Atlanta IS my favorite. The last time I raced there was before the new configuration with the removal of Gravity Valley. Still, got'a be one of the best in the country!

GA
hotrodnut said:
CaliMR said:

I haven't raced any tracks but the east coast ones with the exception of California's El Centro back in the day.

But the ones I have raced, Road Atlanta IS my favorite. The last time I raced there was before the new configuration with the removal of Gravity Valley. Still, got'a be one of the best in the country!

I'll be running on Road Atlanta in the morning. ;D

PJWANNABE said:
hotrodnut said:
CaliMR said:

I'll be running on Road Atlanta in the morning. ;D

Man, lucky you! ;D

Can't wait to hear your report of how it goes! 8)

I need to try to find my old hard drive and see if I still have the video when I spun my Evo and my passenger almost made a code brown

GA
CaliMR said:
I tried iracing but the miata was driving me nuts so I stopped playing. May have to start again to use the FRS.

They make you start with a Mazda MX-5 and some other small cars in the Rookie class when you drive in official events until you get promoted to D class, but you can buy the FR500S and any other car and drive it on any track in Test Mode (on track by yourself) from Day 1.

PJWANNABE said:
CaliMR said:
You better have a video camera for us ;)

I will post my video and pictures when it is uploaded. Here is a taste to give you an idea of the elevation changes.

Excellent pictures Ken! Thanks for posting them, I'll be looking for the Video, can't view where I am now.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel