The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wheel options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
CT
So I need to get a new set of wheels hopefully to be ready early next month when track days really begin in the northeast. I've done a fair bit of research on this forum and I know the general consensus is 18or19x11 apex wheels which i planned on doing but procrastinated long enough that everything is backordered until at least May. I've been considering picking up a set of 19x11 Sve SP2 wheels to get me through for now and down the road pick up the 18x11 apex when they're available. I was hoping somebody on here has run these and could let me know if they are a decent wheel. The car is a 14 gt stock suspension for now, pp 6 pot brembos, vorshlag cc plates, and i have 25 mm spacers already. If anyones running similar setup with these wheels and know if they clear the brembos let me know. This forums been a valuable asset over the past year since I've gotten into the mustang world so figured i mine as well create an account. Thanks

I have run the SVE S350 wheels in 19x11 and a customer used another variant (I don't remember the model). These are very nice wheels for the price. I had 2 sets of the S350 and autocrossed the heck out of them for 3 seasons with no issues, the only reason I stopped using them was going with 18x12's. They now hold my rain setup (Michelin PS4)

They clear my 4 pot Brembo and 6 pot Wilwoods with no problems.

As a note, when I got mine, another customer had me mount his 19x11 Forgestar F14 so I did a FAIR weight comparison and the SVE were 1lb lighter. I can't find the photo.

HTH,

DaveW

if you can get away with 18 inch wheels, I think you will be better off for a couple of reasons. first, the tires are a bit less expensive, secondly, the 19 tires are limited in size, and lastly, if you decide to run slicks at some point there are hundreds of them available in race take offs since all the IMSA, PWC and most SCCA teams run them.

Exp. Type
HPDE
CT
I have run the SVE S350 wheels in 19x11 and a customer used another variant (I don't remember the model). These are very nice wheels for the price. I had 2 sets of the S350 and autocrossed the heck out of them for 3 seasons with no issues, the only reason I stopped using them was going with 18x12's. They now hold my rain setup (Michelin PS4)

They clear my 4 pot Brembo and 6 pot Wilwoods with no problems.

As a note, when I got mine, another customer had me mount his 19x11 Forgestar F14 so I did a FAIR weight comparison and the SVE were 1lb lighter. I can't find the photo.

HTH,

Da
Good to hear. I like the idea of using the sve wheels as a rain setup when i eventually go 18x11.

TMO Supporting Vendors