The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wheel spacers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Need some advice on wheel spacers. I have a 2015 mustang with a px1 procharger street only car. It never sees the track it is a pavement princess that has a good amount of power. Want to change the wheels out but get the ones that I want would have to run a wheel spacer on the front to get the look I'm trying to achieve. What are the thoughts on spacers?

Thanks for the help

I used to be very anti wheel spacers, however, after spending literally weeks over the past 11 years slamming as many as 4 spacers a pop at different road course cars, I've changed my point of view. Just use decent studs, available from "OP Tim".

bmJlMDMl.jpg

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
ARP studs and slide-on spacers are fine - a bunch of track folks here use 25mm/1" spacers on the front to allow the use of 18x11 ET52 wheels all around.

Bolt-on spacers are evil.

So change the front studs and then use a slip on instead of a bolt on?
Yes, avoid the bolt ons at all costs. There's just too many parts there, and points of failure. Yes, back in the day I used them on an autocross car and got away with it, and for a street car they might be OK, but the racers just stack them on the high quality studs.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel