The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

wheel suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
18" Enkei PF-01's. A number fo forum members including myself are using these and I personally am very happy with them. Saves 10 lbs per cornet over stock wheels.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Agree 117.3 % with Pete. Call TireRack and punch in Ext. # 362 for Luke Pavlik. He will know what to set you up with and a set of 18s is mucho cheapo than 19s -- alot more variety for track and street.

Love the ones on my Boss and besides the unsprung weight savings, they look damn good too!!

Are the wheels for the street or track? If for the street I'd stick with 19's.

Enkei, the Boss 302s forged wheels, Vorschlag are all really nice, but pricey.

If you want 19's, the Laguna Seca Ford Racing wheels are $950 a set shipped. They are 19x9 front and 19x10 rear. These are silver machined faces with a gloss black background.

The 2010 Shelby convertible wheels are 18x9.5 and are about $700 a set shipped. These are also silver machined faces with a dark gray metallic gloss background. They weigh 29 lb.

Yes, the Ford Racing wheels are heavier, but they are a lot less expensive and are guaranteed to fit, and they look right on the car.

You must be very careful to get wheels with the proper backspacing and clearance for the Brembo brakes. A lot of wheels will not work.

Just picked up a full set of GT500 wheels from Late Model Restoration. 19x9 front, 19x10 rear. $420 each on sale, no sales tax, free shipping.

fiddlefadel said:
I would like some wheel suggestions for my Boss that are less than $2000.

thanks
Dave
As posted above, the 302S wheels were $950 shipped from LMR and fit your stock tires. They make a great street wheel. I prefer the Enkeis for the track and have both. The Enkeis will run you somewhere around $1300 plus shipping. Here are pics of both options:

FRPP 302S 19s:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Enkei PF01 18s:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

never to old to start. I am 55 and just got back from Mller motor sports. it shows i still have it. Iam going to starting auto x next monthand tracking after that.

I checked out the LMR site and I see the 302s wheels and the laguna Seca wheels, they appear to be the same but are priced differently, are they the same?

thanks
Dave

fiddlefadel said:
I checked out the LMR site and I see the 302s wheels and the laguna Seca wheels, they appear to be the same but are priced differently, are they the same?

thanks
Dave
Definitely not. The Laguna Seca wheel is the Ford Racing wheel and the Boss 302 S "appearance" wheel is an after-market knock off. I can visually tell the difference just from the pictures alone. IMO the LS wheel looks much better and I'm sure is a higher quality if you plan to track it at all.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
cloud9 said:
fiddlefadel said:

thanks
Dave
Definitely not. The Laguna Seca wheel is the Ford Racing wheel and the Boss 302 S "appearance" wheel is an after-market knock off. I can visually tell the difference just from the pictures alone. IMO the LS wheel looks much better and I'm sure is a higher quality if you plan to track it at all.
I will tell you this. I have had two sets of wheels that are the cheap knock offs from american muscle and I am sure they are the same from LMR. They will look good for about 8 months. then under the clear over the bare alum it will start to get this "dirty" snow flake" under the clear. In the end you get what you pay for. Buy cheap wheels over and over or get nice wheels once. Just my .02

TMO Supporting Vendors