The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wheel Weights for your Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here are the weights for my forged Ford Racing SVT 19x9 and 19x10 wheels. A bit heavier than I've read before and I weighed them on a digital scale. I was expecting about a pound less on the 9's and two pounds less on the 10's.

Post weights for any wheels you've weighed for your Boss 302.

19x10 31.7 lbs.
19x9 29.9 lbs.

P1020290.jpg

These wheels are for the street and the Pirelli's will be mounted on them. I'm still undecided on which tires I'll mount on the stock wheels for the track but it will be either Nitto NT05's in one size smaller width's or Hankook V12's in the stock size. I'll run the SVT/Pirelli combo the first time I hit the track.

From other photos I've seen I thought the center caps were white but they are metallic silver with the Ford Racing logo. I was going to cover them in a 3M CF look vinyl but I think I'll leave them as is.

Yep, I forgot you were doing it the other way around. I like where the NT05's are at, tread wear seems good for many track days and people tell me they stick well but the sizes are terrible. I have not looked into Hankook's but going a size smaller on the 05's may not be the best idea, you may end up not so happy, JMHO.

Rick that rim is gorgeous. I saw those wheels on a new Shelby at a Ford dealer recently and man do they look great! Can't wait to see yours. I think they will fill out the wheel wells even better than your sig pic. That's my memory of them anyway.

5 DOT 0 said:
These wheels are for the street and the Pirelli's will be mounted on them. I'm still undecided on which tires I'll mount on the stock wheels for the track but it will be either Nitto NT05's in one size smaller width's or Hankook V12's in the stock size. I'll run the SVT/Pirelli combo the first time I hit the track.

From other photos I've seen I thought the center caps were white but they are metallic silver with the Ford Racing logo. I was going to cover them in a 3M CF look vinyl but I think I'll leave them as is.

Looks good. Don't forget to weigh the stock rims with no tires as a comparison. Thanks.

5 DOT 0 said:
Has anyone weighed the 302S wheels? From my calculation they should be approximately:

F 19x9 31.65 lbs.
R 19x10 33.9 lbs.
I thought they were 30 and 31. I could probably weigh and deduct the estimated weight of the Hoosiers.

Mine is an estimate based on shipping weight differences between the SVT and 302S wheels using my actual weights. I've read elsewhere that the SVT wheels were slightly lighter than my weights so who knows. I do know from lifting them there is not a large difference between the Boss and SVT wheels. The 302S wheels should be in between the two. Check the shipping weights. I can't imagine one box is lighter than the other.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/wheel_main.asp#MustangAnchor

I do know my 302S wheels are a LOT heavier than my Enkeis even with Hoosiers vs Nitto tires on them after loading and unloading them from the pickup all summer!

TMO Supporting Vendors