The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wheels and Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My personal opinion, if it's just an all weather set then I would put my decision making more to the style side of the decision making process than max performance. All of the Michelin Pilot A/S tires are great all season options.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SF Bay Area
I agree with the Michelin A/S options, and I would also recommend the continental DWS06 plus. These are all season, not all weather. If you don't see yourself driving in snowy conditions often, the all seasons are perfect. I can't suggest to go square or staggered for your use case, but rotating tires on square setups is nice.

Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Starkville, MS
I agree with the Michelin A/S options, and I would also recommend the continental DWS06 plus. These are all season, not all weather. If you don't see yourself driving in snowy conditions often, the all seasons are perfect. I can't suggest to go square or staggered for your use case, but rotating tires on square setups is nice.
Thanks. Rarely snows in Mississippi and I wouldn’t think of taking the Boss out in bad weather anyway.

Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Starkville, MS
Another question. Does anyone use a spare for their Boss rather than the inflation kit?

Will this work?

E16D2695-5AC1-4A1B-89B5-8946D2CFE635.jpeg

Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Starkville, MS
My personal opinion, if it's just an all weather set then I would put my decision making more to the style side of the decision making process than max performance. All of the Michelin Pilot A/S tires are great all season options.
Thanks

I found a used set of OEM Wheels so I just need to figure out the tires.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel