The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

wheels for the boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hey guys,

For changing wheels of my boss.. my plan is for going wide wheels for autocross and track racing..

What are the wheels available to look for ? plz help i wanna see all the wheels that fits on my car to choose the best for me .

And whats the widest setup of wheels and tires (front and back) that i can put on my car without changing any suspension parts (all boss oem suspension no midifications) ..

thanks

Off topic, but what color and year is your boss eng90?
I was in Kuwait last week and only spotted a single 2012 white boss parked under a house. I got really excited, which confused my friends ::)

As for wheels, check out tirerack.com, americanmuscle.com and other vendors like blowfish racing etc.

For entry level tracking, I'd recommend 18x10 wheels with 42-43 offset. I also remember you had limited tire choices... So what's the widest tire you can get over there?

F.D. Sako said:
Off topic, but what color and year is your boss eng90?
I was in Kuwait last week and only spotted a single 2012 white boss parked under a house. I got really excited, which confused my friends ::)

As for wheels, check out tirerack.com, americanmuscle.com and other vendors like blowfish racing etc.

For entry level tracking, I'd recommend 18x10 wheels with 42-43 offset. I also remember you had limited tire choices... So what's the widest tire you can get over there?

Hey mine is 2013 yellowbuss. when u come to kuwait contact me and ill make u meet kuwaiti racers for fun :D .. well yeah im tired of looking for the 19s it also costs double the price to get a tire for a 19 soo imma go for gettin 18s .. how wide can i go with the fronts with my oem suspension setup without any rubbing issues or modifications ??

as far as what i have seen, ive seen the forgestar wheels and team dynamics wheels .. any others to take a look at ??

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Also check out Blowfish link to the right. He sells wheels which fit a square or staggered set up. Send Steve a email or PM.

He is a grass roots style racer who has some kick A$$ race stuff.

He will ship anywhere

guys how wide can i go with fronts on oem suspension setup ??

And is the best wheel to look at is the team dynamics ? do i get the 10s all around ??

I have no background on wheels thats why i sound stupid lool

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
eng90 said:
guys how wide can i go with fronts on oem suspension setup ??

And is the best wheel to look at is the team dynamics ? do i get the 10s all around ??

I have no background on wheels thats why i sound stupid lool

Call or write Steve. He is the expert on the Team Dynamics wheels.

https://www.blowfishracing.com/contact-us

410-643-1127

I run 295/35-18 tires with 18 X 10.5 Enkei wheels on stock suspension.
5 mm spacers for the front plus shortening the upper front end link bolt will be better for clearing the struts.

Tulsa, OK
18x10 SVE Drifts are nice if you're on a budget. Can't beat $600 for a set. Good offset and don't weigh very much.

The price can just go up from there depending on what you want. Team Dynamics, Forgestars, Enkei, BBS, CCW... Lots o choices :)

hows the forgestar compared to team dynamics ? From what ivs seen forgestars are lighter but team dynamic can withstand more weight load ....

And comments or reviews ?? enkei looks good too but ive seen a cracked wheels here in the forum which looks frustrating from a really known brand

If time goes back again I would have gotten myself SVE drifts or something along those lines!

why?

Not because Enkei are bad or something, even if there is a crack here and there (which is a bummer), but the SVE drifts are better bargain.
WE have a whopping 444 horsepower, unless you are very competitive or racing to the inch, you should not worry about 2-3 more pound per wheel compared to the more expensive ones.

I even think if you get yourself a set of SHELBY GT500 18X9.5 WHEELs for around $700 is a great choice too. you are still saving some weight and have OEM very strong wheels.
you can fit up to 285 tire on 9.5 inch wheel depending on the tire brand you choose.
No spacer no sticking out = good life ;D

I'm going with Gunmetal F14s in 19 for my 2013 SBY. Forgestar seems to be very highly rated and since mine will serve double duty (street and light track) I didn't want a separate set.

Also Gunmetal and SBY are an amazing combo:

MG3_1854.jpg

eng90 said:
Hey mine is 2013 yellowbuss. when u come to kuwait contact me and ill make u meet kuwaiti racers for fun :D .. well yeah im tired of looking for the 19s it also costs double the price to get a tire for a 19 soo imma go for gettin 18s .. how wide can i go with the fronts with my oem suspension setup without any rubbing issues or modifications ??

as far as what i have seen, ive seen the forgestar wheels and team dynamics wheels .. any others to take a look at ??

Bay Area
I have 18 x 10 rims with 275s all around. My car is slammed with coil overs and the brake duct kit. The only time I get any rubbing is if I have the wheel cranked to the extreme left, but its just on the duct tube and it rarely ever happens.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel