The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean said:
What are your intended purposes for the wheels? Are they for looks or are they going to be track tires?
Good question and what size? For moderately priced 19" wheels it's hard to beat the Forgestars. I'm a fan of the CF5.

FMC welcome to BMO.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Fomoco302 said:
Just want a different look using stock tires.

Yes, I'm not a fan of the stock wagon wheels. First thing I did was to change the wheels and tires. I went with Ford racing LS rims black and silver for my street set. These wheels just look right on the car. You can pick up a set complete with tire pressure stems and ford racing caps from Buy ford racing for like $850 with free shipping killer deal and factory quality. Other then those, American muscle, Late model restoration or CJ pony have all kinds to pick from. What color is your Boss?

Not a fan of the stock wheels either, but to me flat black or matte black as they call it, looks dirty all the time. I will likely go Piano black instead.

Fomoco302 said:
Just want a different look using stock tires.

Plastidip your stock rims...cheap easy way to go matte black. If there's a place that applies Plastiip they can put a satin clear on it too.

I love mine. Not permanent and until I find the right set of wheels, this keeps me happy...for now :)

3asyvena.jpg

4a4agupe.jpg

I second the Forgestar suggestion.
Just don't think that you're buying true forged wheels at 400 bucks a pop :)

I went toe el cheapo flat black paint route similar to above...but i went with a true flat black color in a high temp bbq paint.

947171_407925982659409_1685182866_n.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Darth Boss said:
Plastidip your stock rims...cheap easy way to go matte black. If there's a place that applies Plastiip they can put a satin clear on it too.

I love mine. Not permanent and until I find the right set of wheels, this keeps me happy...for now :)

3asyvena.jpg

4a4agupe.jpg

Wow, the stock wheels look really good plasti dipped in matte black

Fomoco302 said:
Thanks for everyone's input, lot of good suggestions. Darth Boss looks like you're in Texas, where did u have that done ?

Nice guys working out of their garage in a nice subdivision in San Antonio. I live outside of Austin. They were going to open a shop, not sure if they got that far yet. Going to have them do our entire old Lexus to give her new life.

$150 for the wheels. Beat the hassle of doing it myself.

http://www.texasdipped.com/services-and-pricing.html

TMO Supporting Vendors