The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

When can I install my track key

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin said:
you are correct because you cant do a CAI that will give you gains because its bigger and requires a tune. if you do a no tune required CAI you are buying it just for looks. the Steeda CAI is huge. I have pics of its size compared to stock

I understand. I just saw the "legal fine print" that the Ford engineer (and others) use and wanted to point it out. He was making a correct statement, but so are you when you say the CAI + tune makes a difference. People need to understand that those aren't conflicting statements. Apples to oranges, as another said. Thanks for your BTDT and photos. If I ever do get a CAI, it will almost certainly be that Steeda.

On that point, did you try the Steeda tune and then go with AED? If so, how did they compare? If you have already written this up, I'll go thread hunting. ;)

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Jimmy Pribble said:
I understand. I just saw the "legal fine print" that the Ford engineer (and others) use and wanted to point it out. He was making a correct statement, but so are you when you say the CAI + tune makes a difference. People need to understand that those aren't conflicting statements. Apples to oranges, as another said. Thanks for your BTDT and photos. If I ever do get a CAI, it will almost certainly be that Steeda.

On that point, did you try the Steeda tune and then go with AED? If so, how did they compare? If you have already written this up, I'll go thread hunting. ;)
yes I had the steeda tune. the steeda was ok ran smooth and all but compared to the AED oh my. When I first put on the steeda tune I was like "doesnt really feel faster to me" if that tells you anything. and AED's rough idle tune is far far better then Steeda's I have them both. I have had several tunes for the boss. AED is the best by far.

TMO Supporting Vendors