The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where are all the 302S owners posting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Mark - I wouldn't expect just the intake plenum to cost more than the M-9424-M50BR. However, we'd need the whole kit including throttle body, CAI and a custom tune. Also, the tune should not negate any of those '200 calibrations' that are not specific to the changes included in this kit... At the end of the day you'd sell it off of the diff in dyno charts from stock to this setup. Is there any assumption on what the gains could be?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I think that is the same TB that FRPP already sells for like $650 on its own, so I'd say somewhere in the $12-1500 range for the intake, TB, CAI, and tune as a complete package.

Hopefully the gains would be somewhere in the 50+ hp range for that money, and/or have other performance benefits.

I am interested in learning more about the combination and what kind of numbers it can put down with an off-road tune.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Sure it is ! - you'll need the AIM to help better manage all the extra horses from the new intake system. Tell that the the Mrs. (assuming there is one) and let us know how far you get ;D

ArizonaGT said:
DAMMIT THIS IS NOT HELPING MY DESIRE TO OWN AN AIM SYSTEM

You might want to look into one of these http://store.apexspeedtech.com/aim-solo-dl-gps-lap-timer
It gives you a lot of good info and is much cheaper. It can also be hooked up to your ECU and it can talk to a http://www.smartycam.com/on-board-camera.htm

You can get all of that for less than an AIM MXL Pista AND you can move it to different cars.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
PeteInCT said:
Sure it is ! - you'll need the AIM to help better manage all the extra horses from the new intake system. Tell that the the Mrs. (assuming there is one) and let us know how far you get ;D

I don't have to tell her anything until April, when we officially get married :)

Mark,

If there is a considerable HP/TQ gain from a either the individual part or combo like manifold/TB/tune it would sell. I would imagine it would produce power for the 5.0 coyote motor as well which would really open up the market. I think a HUGE selling point to Boss owners would be if a tune came with it that covered both keys. And an GYNORMOUS selling point would be if said tunes fell under the same type of warranty plan as the current trackey does......wishful thinkging ::)

As far as price goes I think it will come down to what numbers can be made and at what parts of the power band. I don't know the cost of this stuff but FOR ME if you could get 50whp/40wtq across most of the power band (or at least around 4500 rpm and up, road race application) I would be willing to pay around $1500 for the combo I listed above....manifold/TB/tune. I like buying combo stuff because you know it was all engineered to work together. You're not just throwing stuff together hoping for the best. If you could get some sort of deal with the warranty going like we have with Trackey this would be the ONLY way to make power in these cars and retain warranty which almost everyone is concerned with in the Boss.....BIG seller. Now throw all the GT owners into the mix which is a much bigger audience anyways not to mention more apt to modding.....

Hello. I am waiting for my new car to arrive. I had Rehagen outfit mine with aluminum driveshaft, power trans cooler, power diff cooler, big rear brake kit, Exedy clutch, 2 seats, and a bunch of wheels/tires. Its on a transport vehicle headed my way. My car is #27 of 32 for the 2012 year. I sold my FR500S Miller cup Mustang in white, and this car is Orange. Hope its easier to see in the rearview mirrors. I have a video of the dyno run. The uploader is full so I will try to download it later. It dyno'ed at 407 RWHP.

jdasch1 said:
Hello. I am waiting for my new car to arrive. I had Rehagen outfit mine with aluminum driveshaft, power trans cooler, power diff cooler, big rear brake kit, Exedy clutch, 2 seats, and a bunch of wheels/tires. Its on a transport vehicle headed my way. My car is #27 of 32 for the 2012 year. I sold my FR500S Miller cup Mustang in white, and this car is Orange. Hope its easier to see in the rearview mirrors. I have a video of the dyno run. The uploader is full so I will try to download it later. It dyno'ed at 407 RWHP.
Congratulations and welcome to BMO. Are you planning on racing it? Be sure and post photos when it arrives.

jdasch1 said:

Congrats, you're going to love it!

Where do you live?

Hello. Yes I am planning on racing it. I live in Washington State. Mostly I enjoy open track days at the West coast tracks. My first track days with this car will be at Infineon and Thunderhill in Feburary. I will be at Daytona for the 200 race on Friday and the 24hr race weekend. Several of my friends are driving in the 24hr. Its going to be a blast. Its currently snowing here at home and the sunny weather will be welcome!!

Cool, nice to see some more S owners here. There will be several members from this forum at Daytona. Would be nice to meet up.

Smitty, you still thinking of coming over for that?

TMO Supporting Vendors