The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where are the lady Boss owners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a great question for other female Boss owners...How many of you have been to the Boss Track Attack? If you have any pointers for a woman going out there?

LadyBoss said:
I have a great question for other female Boss owners...How many of you have been to the Boss Track Attack? If you have any pointers for a woman going out there?
I went last year, it was a blast. Best experience ever. I was a little nervous at the beginning, since I've never done anything like that before. The instructors were great, made it easier for me. Not sure when you going, but wear cool clothes as you will have a driving suit over them most of the day. Make sure you have room for the way home to pack extra goodies you may get. Have Fun!!!

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
LadyBoss said:

My wife attended BTA with me in 2012. She enjoyed it so much we did the two day Ford Racing School in 2013. The biggest thing for my wife was to Relax. She always started off being extremely tense and worried she was going to "Hold others up" on the track. Tension leads to fatigue....which will diminish the experience. I would say....attend.....stay relaxed and listen to the instructors. Staying relaxed helps you concentrate on hitting your marks and being smooth. And being smooth will help you be quicker on the track. You will notice a difference in your driving by the end of the day at BTA....they are really good at what they do.

These are are things my wife and I go over before she runs on a track.....seems to help.....and it is amazing to see how happy she is at the end of a track day. It also helps her to not be intimidated by our own Boss....so she then enjoys driving it here at home.

Enjoy!

Wayne

Senderofan

Hi, my name is Cathy. The Boss is an amazing car. Being able to drive it on a track you can really see how much you can push this car. It was great to learn about how to handle corners. The instructors tell you to don't worry about how fast the other cars are driving. At the Boss Attack I pretty much kept up with the other cars. When we went back for the 2 day Ford driving school, everyone was driving a lot faster than we did for the Boss Attack. Since I was not keeping up to the guys, one of the instructors rode with me and helped me get more confident with increased speed. Then I went out and just had fun sliding through the corners. I would love to go back for the 2 day school. We are taking our Boss to Brainerd International Raceway for a driving school for the fifth time in September. I am looking forward to driving our own Boss on a track!

redkey said:
I went last year, it was a blast. Best experience ever. I was a little nervous at the beginning, since I've never done anything like that before. The instructors were great, made it easier for me. Not sure when you going, but wear cool clothes as you will have a driving suit over them most of the day. Make sure you have room for the way home to pack extra goodies you may get. Have Fun!!!
Thank you Redkey. I will make sure I bring the comfortable clothes as well as the extra large suitcase. I will be attending the dinner on July 8th with classes on the 9th and 10th. I am really looking forward to seeing what my car can actually do.

Senderofan said:
Hi, my name is Cathy. The Boss is an amazing car. Being able to drive it on a track you can really see how much you can push this car. It was great to learn about how to handle corners. The instructors tell you to don't worry about how fast the other cars are driving. At the Boss Attack I pretty much kept up with the other cars. When we went back for the 2 day Ford driving school, everyone was driving a lot faster than we did for the Boss Attack. Since I was not keeping up to the guys, one of the instructors rode with me and helped me get more confident with increased speed. Then I went out and just had fun sliding through the corners. I would love to go back for the 2 day school. We are taking our Boss to Brainerd International Raceway for a driving school for the fifth time in September. I am looking forward to driving our own Boss on a track!
Hello Cathy. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am very much like you I am going into this very worried I am going to be the slowest person on the track. I will try to remember to relax , but chances are I will not relax until the second day. Have fun at your school in September I would love to know how that goes.

Senderofan

LadyBoss said:
Hello Cathy. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am very much like you I am going into this very worried I am going to be the slowest person on the track. I will try to remember to relax , but chances are I will not relax until the second day. Have fun at your school in September I would love to know how that goes.

I'll make sure my wife, Cathy, lets you know how it went for her at our home track. I think she'll really enjoy it once she figures out the lines and gets comfortable with our car on the track. I hope there are many more women who attend sessions at MMP through the Ford Focus ST school that's starting up. This is truly a bobbie that is fun for both men and women.

I am supremely confident that you will report that your MMP /BTA experience was in the top ten in terms of fun and remembering it for a long time. I've yet to hear anyone have a complaint. Focus on having fun....trying to relax and listening to your instructors....and you'll be MMP fans like the rest of us :).

Wayne

IMG_0292_zps414f9a1c.jpg

Picture of Cathy standing by one of the race cars in the classroom at MMP.....the first morning of our two day school in 2013. I think if she could have taken that FR 500 home with her....she'd have been even happier ;D.

My wife is not a Boss owner but she seems to like it. She especially enjoyed sitting in on the Track Attack classes and had a BIG smile plastered on her face after taking hot laps with the instructor (I thought she'd be terrified - and I think she would have had she not had the instruction). She used to get nervous and complain at my taking corners too fast but now she reminds me to accelerate through the turn and does so herself. ;D

GottaBoss said:
My wife is not a Boss owner but she seems to like it. She especially enjoyed sitting in on the Track Attack classes and had a BIG smile plastered on her face after taking hot laps with the instructor (I thought she'd be terrified - and I think she would have had she not had the instruction). She used to get nervous and complain at my taking corners too fast but now she reminds me to accelerate through the turn and does so herself. ;D
That is awesome that she loves to take turns now and glad she is enjoying the car. I personally love taking turns to the point my other half told me that I need to slow down on my speed. Which takes a lot of self control now, I can only imagine what I will be like after BTA.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
GottaBoss said:

Same situation for the Mrs and I went to BTA and she attended the classes and had a blast with the hotlaps! One of the local clubs here in AZ held a free event called Laps for Ladies. My wife drove her BMW 1 series with an instructer and now she wants to try the Boss on track!

It is great to hear about the other women who have gone to the track attack and their stories while there. It puts my mind to rest a little bit about going there. Of course it also makes me super excited about going well. I will be there next week and it is going to be so much fun.

My wife and I are co owners of the coboss. We both did TrackAttack - I did the Boss while she did one of the FR500's. She has driven the Boss at High Plains Raceway several times and she loves the Boss, loves to drive, and does it well. She works on the car, too. We did a pad/rotor job a few weeks ago and she pretty much took over. It is great to have a hobby we can enjoy together - and it is really nice not to have to justify every dime spent on the car!

coboss said:
My wife and I are co owners of the coboss. We both did TrackAttack - I did the Boss while she did one of the FR500's. She has driven the Boss at High Plains Raceway several times and she loves the Boss, loves to drive, and does it well. She works on the car, too. We did a pad/rotor job a few weeks ago and she pretty much took over. It is great to have a hobby we can enjoy together - and it is really nice not to have to justify every dime spent on the car!
As a woman who owns Bosses and works on them....I just have to say your wife is awesomeness! :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel