The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where do you source OEM parts from?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Do you have a particular Ford dealer website you go to when you need OEM parts? I ask because I had a Ford dealer in Florida reach out, wanting info on becoming a sponsor of the site. I just want to make sure we would bring value to them, and have them bring value to our members.

Do you have a particular Ford dealer website you go to when you need OEM parts? I ask because I had a Ford dealer in Florida reach out, wanting info on becoming a sponsor of the site. I'm just not sure how much value we would bring to them, or them to our members.
I have used Tasca Parts site as a resource for exploded views and p/n reference; I have purchased there although shipping is expensive. My local Ford dealer (purchased the Boss from that dealer) has been really good passing on discounts.

boardkat

CAMtard
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Lake Oswego, OR
Generally I am using Autonation Ford White Bear Lake or Tasca.
^this. Been working with Mike R there since 2012 - they always have the lowest price, or close to it (especially when Ford is running free shipping deals) and he’s got good Ford Performance connections, which comes in handy when new models are released and can get part numbers and realistic prices/ETAs. If this Florida dealer can’t compete on price with them, Tasca or Levittown, it might not be worth it IMO

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
I mostly use parts.ford.com, which is Ford’s direct parts site. You can choose which dealer you want through the site, and the pricing fluctuates as such. I’m not sure pricing matches exactly to when you go directly to some of the large dealers, ie Tasca, Levittown, White Bear Lake, etc., but it’s close. The reason I use it is their crazy fast shipping - next day is free on anything in stock (which is Fords HUGE parts DC’s in Memphis and LA).

I recently used Levittown because someone posted their free shipping code on here (FS2020). Sent the order on June 26th and its been sitting “In Progress” since with no communication. Reached out today, and they’re waiting for one of the items to come in. Glad I didn’t have an event scheduled this weekend.

I think the idea of one dealer as site sponsor would be good - comes down to free shipping and a price that’s competitive with the big ones mentioned above. IMO, if they made sure the price that Ford uses on the Ford direct site was similar as White Bear Lake, etc, it would be a winner with direct access to the big inventories and super fast shipping.

Bay Area
I use Levittown and they offer free shipping with a code. I’ve also found White Bear to be a little cheaper than Levittown on some items but they didn’t offer free shipping. And I even have an account with my local Ford Dealer and these guys beat my local guys on pricing

Part of my great l
Relationship ( so far) with my dealer is this "give take " relation.
I buy all the oem pieces there. Yes lite more pricey than some website but faster availability and.. Lots of other services in exchange ( i. E. 4 tires mount and balance 40$ total)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Do you have a particular Ford dealer website you go to when you need OEM parts? I ask because I had a Ford dealer in Florida reach out, wanting info on becoming a sponsor of the site. I'm just not sure how much value we would bring to them, or them to our members.
Chris I would welcome a Dealer Sponsor for the site if they give discounts in line with what AutoNation Ford of White Bear Lake MN did prior to the fordparts.com crackdown on out of state shipping due to sales tax laws. I spend at least $3000 a year on OEM replacement parts to service the race car, plugs, belts, hubs, rotors etc.
Steve

Chris I would welcome a Dealer Sponsor for the site if they give discounts in line with what AutoNation Ford of White Bear Lake MN did prior to the fordparts.com crackdown on out of state shipping due to sales tax laws. I spend at least $3000 a year on OEM replacement parts to service the race car, plugs, belts, hubs, rotors etc.
Steve
I sourced all my parts for the race car build and other cars from AutoNation Ford of White Bear Lake MN. They had the best pricing on just about all Ford OE parts.

As Steve says the state tax laws now prevent that, but my contact there said they are working to fix it.

I mostly use parts.ford.com, which is Ford’s direct parts site. You can choose which dealer you want through the site, and the pricing fluctuates as such. I’m not sure pricing matches exactly to when you go directly to some of the large dealers, ie Tasca, Levittown, White Bear Lake, etc., but it’s close. The reason I use it is their crazy fast shipping - next day is free on anything in stock (which is Fords HUGE parts DC’s in Memphis and LA).

I recently used Levittown because someone posted their free shipping code on here (FS2020). Sent the order on June 26th and its been sitting “In Progress” since with no communication. Reached out today, and they’re waiting for one of the items to come in. Glad I didn’t have an event scheduled this weekend.

I think the idea of one dealer as site sponsor would be good - comes down to free shipping and a price that’s competitive with the big ones mentioned above. IMO, if they made sure the price that Ford uses on the Ford direct site was similar as White Bear Lake, etc, it would be a winner with direct access to the big inventories and super fast shipping.

I do the same and usually order from White Bear Lake or Levvittown.

They used to be identical, but now parts.ford is substantially more expensive than the dealer websites. Also, recently I tried ordering through parts.ford. and it wouldn't let me use an out of state dealer most likely because of the sales tax. I use the dealer websites now and I'll use the ones that don't charge sales tax.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
Generally I am using Autonation Ford White Bear Lake or Tasca.

I have always used Autonation Ford White Bear Lake. Have not had any issues to this point (knock on wood). I have used Tasca for a part that was no longer offered by FWBL (FRPP seat delete) and it arrived without issue.

Both parties seem to pack parts pretty well but expect the exterior box to be heavily damaged by carriers and if possible to inspect prior to accepting.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Steve
Hey Steve, do you have some part numbers on hand for parts that you purchase annually? I'll see if they're competitive.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
GR3Z1125L , FR3Z1104G , FR3Z1104F , SP551 (CYFSO92FT) , DG9Z8100A , FR3Z8620B
The prices for all those parts came within less than $2 difference when compared to Tasca, the plugs were within 20 cents. Tasca was always cheaper, mind you, but they're obviously competitive. I'm being told that this dealer often drop ships for many of the dealers that people have mentioned in this thread. Maybe this is worth considering.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
The prices for all those parts came within less than $2 difference when compared to Tasca, the plugs were within 20 cents. Tasca was always cheaper, mind you, but they're obviously competitive. I'm being told that this dealer often drop ships for many of the dealers that people have mentioned in this thread. Maybe this is worth considering.
Yes Tasca pricing is good but their shipping is expensive. Having our "own Ford dealer" would be good for the group. I also buy many odd parts from the halo cars such as wings and intakes, gear housings etc. We could provide a fair revenue stream, as well as popularize the dealership. I would consider buying my 500 from them if they asked nicely!

TMO Supporting Vendors