The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where is my car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK, I have a VIN and the dealer said the car was built on the 8th but still no show. Dealer said he can't track it once it's goes to trucking. Anyone have a similar experience? I'm going nuts here! I could have walked to Flat Rock & got it.

BLAZN BOSS

mine left flatrock on the5th of august (ford customer care info)........was in toledo on the 17th.....west virginia 19th.......petersburg the 21st.........my drive way the 22nd. You need the rail car number.......my dealers info was a little behind its true travel dates.........on the 17th he finally had a rail car number from there you call the 800 number of the RR company...........automated data comes to you after you enter the rail car number

knobby10 said:
OK, I have a VIN and the dealer said the car was built on the 8th but still no show. Dealer said he can't track it once it's goes to trucking. Anyone have a similar experience? I'm going nuts here! I could have walked to Flat Rock & got it.

Your dealer can still track it, they can track it through it's whole trip. Or you can call the Ford 800 number and give your vin and they will give you their latest info (sometimes it is a new update and sometimes it is day old info). Mine was at Flat Rock for about 10 days until it was finally released and given a rail car number and then it was about another week before it got to my dealer. Like blazn boss said when you get your rail car number you can track it with their number. Your experience so far is what most of us have had. Patience, get real excited when you get a rail car number.

I feel your pain. Mine had an eta of 09/06, then it was moved up to 08/30 and now they are telling me it is 09/12. At least now mine is finally on a train heading west.

They say that patience is a virtue, but screw that. ;D

At least I have college football to help me through the wait.

GO BLUE!

I called the 800 number. They had no info newer than the dealer but promised to investigate & call me back within 2 business days. The rep agreed it was taking too long to get to the dealer. I guess misery loves company, thanks for the sympathy guys!

Ford Customer Service told me on Wednesday that I had to wait at least two weeks past the origanal eta before they could take any action. Hopefully there isn't anyone that will have to wait more than 2 weeks.

Maybe we should start a support group...lol

TMO Supporting Vendors