The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where the Wild Things Are....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's hot looking. I wonder if it will melt the plastic? :eek:

Sesshomurai

Funny you should mention that because I'm right now looking for carbon fiber splash guards for right in front the of the tire by the side exhaust.
But I can't seem to find the OEM part for that. Wasn't there a splash guard in the rear (front of the wheel)? I think my previous ones burned and I ripped them off.

I probably will replace the side skirts with CF versions.

Sesshomurai

NFSBOSS said:
There was a little fairing thing in front of the wheel but I removed mine right after Gary melted his. ;D

I'm just going to fabricate some out of aluminum and then spray them with black high heat exhaust paint. Should do the trick.

Sesshomurai

loco pantelonez said:
If I wasn't already sold on off road long tube headers that statement probably would have done it. Thanks.

Here's the youtube again, in case you missed it on the previous page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-IBFlDtxbK8

Rick, the youtube app is sometimes working, sometimes not. Currently not. :'(

yknot

Hobbies: Hot Rods & Shooting
Wow..Love the new exhaust....

I have the QTP Boss302 electric cutouts installed on my very stock ford exhaust system. While the sound is not as harsh as yours, they do make some beatiful music when opened up.. Normally I drive with them closed or 1/3 open, but every once and awhile I love to open up and listen. My wife says she can her them from almost 1 or so away, as I take off from the last stop thru town. Its not that they are really load, as in a car without a muffler or so, just a deep rumble that exits from the side of the car and getts your attention.

Thinking of buying the Kooks side pipes...anybody have them installed with the Roush side skirts? I think they would melt the skirt...please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Manuel

TMO Supporting Vendors