The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where to get springs for Cortex coil overs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Having replaced the Eibach coils on my Cortex JRi setup three times now I can confirm some things.

1. Front needs 8" long springs with a helper (tender spring) setup. I have the 10" long springs on now and no matter what you cannot dial enough length out of them. range from 500 - 375 lbs / in. so far.
2. Rear can easily get away with 10" long springs but they also must have the tender spring setup or they will rattle at rebound events and over moderate bumps. 8" also work in the rear even with softer rates - I have not tried less than 225 lbs /in rear rate yet.

So no real need to go to 10" long springs in the rear, but since they fit why not. Front needs 8" long don't get the 10" they look right but turn out not to fit if you want to lower your car to a reasonable height.

Mad Hatter said:
How was the car with the softer rear springs?? did you notice more traction??

More traction for sure coming out of the corners when I gas it while slightly turning still. i'm going even softer in back.. 175rate. I know the ideal is to have the rear 1.2 times faster frequency than the front, but right now I think the rears are about 2-3times faster than the front!! There is something about landing after a bump with all four wheels at one time.

I also notice the car rolls slightly more, it still oversteers like a mad man so the softer springs in back should help that too.

TMO Supporting Vendors