The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Which bezel and face colors would you choose to go with the Boss interior?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am ordering one of these Aeroforce Interceptor gauges and A/C vent pods, but I need to pick the bezel and face. On my GT500, I went with black on both because it matches the dash and other gauges. The Boss looks like I'd choose silver anodized bezel and black face. Looking for opinions.

Bezel colors: Black, Polished or Silver Anodized
Face colors: White, Black or Silver

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/images.html

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-shelby-gt500-gauges-mounting-solutions-c-8485_9403_9404/roush-2010-2011-mustang-vent-gauge-pod-p-33805

Opinions please!

cloud9 said:
The Boss looks like I'd choose silver anodized bezel and black face.
Edit: I think you want polished or brushed.

The Boss uses the same bezels and interior metal trim as the current GT500 and they are a polished or brushed then clear coated aluminum. At least I've read they are actual aluminum and not plastic. If this works well for you I might do the same thing. This gets all of it's info from the OBD2?

5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
The Boss looks like I'd choose silver anodized bezel and black face.
Edit: I think you want polished or brushed.

The Boss uses the same bezels and interior metal trim as the current GT500 and they are a polished or brushed then clear coated aluminum. At least I've read they are actual aluminum and not plastic. If this works well for you I might do the same thing. This gets all of it's info from the OBD2?
Now that you mention that about the GT500, the reason I went black/black was because the gauge is smaller than the vent pod. The area where it sits would normally be the black plastic of the vent. Take a look at my GT500 pic and let me know what you think. The Boss vent (left of steering wheel) looks even larger than the GT500?

Yes it reads everything from the OBDII port. The coolest part of the 2011+ cars is they have factory widebands so you can get a/f, especially if you install an after-market tune. Watch the video at the bottom of this page to see how easy it is to install.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-mustang-gt-gauges-aeroforce-interceptor-gauges-c-8486_9197_9217/aeroforce-ford-cn-series-single-interceptor-scan-gauge-p-35291

Attachments

• Timetronic GPS.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 308
Very cool. If you want more of a stealth look go with black/black. Otherwise go black face and silver bezel. I think this is the one.

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/accessories.html (scroll down a bit)

You also need a custom face with Boss 302 on it!

That connector seems to stick out a bit. Was that a problem in your GT500? Are you able to cut the cable to fit and how does the cable exit your AC duct?

Silver or Polished? It looks like the vent is polished and the trim on the steering wheel is silver. I am color blind!

It looks like it might stick out just a bit more than the GT500, but I really don't think it will be an issue. The cord gets routed up under the dash to the vent pod so the cord won't be hanging down.

Attachments

• Boss Dash.jpg
    Boss Dash.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 316
The link I posted states brushed aluminum. The GT500's I've looked at look more brushed than polished but are probably a brushed polished. I know that helps a lot! LOL. I'd just order the stock gauge and then if you need the brushed bezel order it after the fact. Or it's only $10 so just get it. The wheel and bezels are the same finish in the GT500 and Boss cars. At least I'm pretty sure they are. I noticed that a few weeks ago sitting in a new GT500. The finish in that car (Same as the Boss) looks much nicer than the GT with all the chrome. It gives the interior a much more refined look.

Do the wheel and bezels match in your GT500?

5 DOT 0 said:
The link I posted states brushed aluminum. The GT500's I've looked at look more brushed than polished but are probably a brushed polished. I know that helps a lot! LOL. I'd just order the stock gauge and then if you need the brushed bezel order it after the fact. Or it's only $10 so just get it. The wheel and bezels are the same finish in the GT500 and Boss cars. At least I'm pretty sure they are. I noticed that a few weeks ago sitting in a new GT500. The finish in that car (Same as the Boss) looks much nicer than the GT with all the chrome. It gives the interior a much more refined look.

Do the wheel and bezels match in your GT500?
No, the painted part of the steering wheel in my GT500 is black.

5 DOT 0 said:
Here's a photo of a new one.
In this photo, the wheel looks silver to me and the gauge bezel polished. ??? I am probably overthinking this. :) I think I should just order black/black. My main goal is to be able to easily read it at 100+ MPH on the track. A black bezel will mean less reflection.

cloud9 said:
In this photo, the wheel looks silver to me and the gauge bezel polished. ??? I am probably overthinking this. :)

Of course you are over thinking this. It's the only thing you can currently do while you wait for your car. Pretty much everyone on these forums is currently over thinking everything. Trying to figure out what you do or don't like about a car that you don't even have yet. But it does pass the time...however slowly it may be :)

Ok, after much consternation I went to where I'm storing my GT500 for winter, set the MyColor to match the Boss as best I could tell and concluded that ordering it exactly the way I have it in my GT500 was best LOL. Black bezel, black face and blue lights. Ordered it from Lethal Performance. It will be built next week with my car ;D

GA
cloud9 said:
Ok, after much consternation I went to where I'm storing my GT500 for winter, set the MyColor to match the Boss as best I could tell and concluded that ordering it exactly the way I have it in my GT500 was best LOL. Black bezel, black face and blue lights. Ordered it from Lethal Performance. It will be built next week with my car ;D

Does the Boss have MyColor? I think it comes with the standard 4-gauge cluster which does not have MyColor.

PJWANNABE said:
cloud9 said:

Does the Boss have MyColor? I think it comes with the standard 4-gauge cluster which does not have MyColor.
No it doesn't have MyColor. The GT500 does. I am assuming the Boss gauges will look like this, and fortunately they look good!

Attachments

• Boss Dash.jpg
    Boss Dash.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 274
GA
cloud9 said:
PJWANNABE said:
cloud9 said:

No it doesn't have MyColor. The GT500 does. I am assuming the Boss gauges will look like this, and fortunately they look good!

That does look good. I prefer to keep my dash and ambient lighting blue anyway, but I rotate between red, green, and blue to keep the LED life even.

TMO Supporting Vendors